DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

When Atlanta won last night, I started wondering if they would put Rodgers back on the shelf since he still isn't at 100%. He landed a couple times on his right side, but it seems to make more sense to not risk re-injuring his collarbone. It's more experience for Hundley too.

Current Draft Order (Top 10)

1. Cleveland Browns - Record: 0-14 (.510) 

2. New York Giants - Record: 2-12 (.541) 

3. Indianapolis Colts - Record: 3-11 (.495) 

4. San Francisco 49ers - Record: 4-10 (.485) 

5. Cleveland Browns (via Texans) - Texans record: 4-10 (.505) 

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Record: 4-10 (.541) 

7. Chicago Bears - Record: 4-10 (.582) 

8. Cincinnati Bengals - Record: 5-9 (.459) 

9. Denver Broncos - Record: 5-9 (.480) 

10. New York Jets - Record: 5-9 (.515) 

Games of note with nothing to play for except Top 10 status

Browns at Bears - Week 16

Giants at Cards - Week 16 (Cards are currently sitting at 12 with a 6-8 record)

Texans at Colts - Week 17

What's funny about that is it isn't THAT crazy to happen.

Probably the toughest part might be Miami winning its two games (@ KC, home against Bills). Either that or banking a Chargers loss

Titans play Rams and Jags.

Pats beating Bills - easy to imagine

The Raiders play at Philly Week 16

Chargers play at the Jets Week 16

Raiders and Chargers play each other Week 17

I always have to chuckle at "playoff scenarios" before Week 16. Not that I don't enjoy it, I know all of the Bills' scenarios, but something weird and crazy always happens that totally wipes out the predictions. Like everyone loses, or some 1 win team beats someone, etc.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

When Atlanta won last night, I started wondering if they would put Rodgers back on the shelf since he still isn't at 100%. He landed a couple times on his right side, but it seems to make more sense to not risk re-injuring his collarbone. It's more experience for Hundley too.

The Packers have placed Aaron Rodgers on Injured Reserve, ending his season.   

giphy.gif

They have re-signed Joe Callahan to back up Hundley.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

During the Packers/Panthers game, Joe Buck said that Rodgers had already told them that he wasn't playing next Sunday if GB is eliminated from contention.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Know what would be a freaking amazing early Christmas present? The Bills tripping up the Pats. Bills fans deserve it, and Pats deserve it after that travesty last Sunday at Heinz Field.

Also the Sabres going on a 25 game winning streak, which I think would just about get us back to .500.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lions need to win out and have either Atlanta or Carolina lose out, so it's probably not going to happen.

We all know what's going to happen  is exactly what I predicted 3 months ago - Detroit and Atlanta will finish with the same record and Detroit will be left out because of that nonsense game ending. 

25 minutes ago, Tabe said:

We all know what's going to happen  is exactly what I predicted 3 months ago - Detroit and Atlanta will finish with the same record and Detroit will be left out because of that nonsense game ending. 

Yeah, I've known that basically since the call happened, but still I cling to hope.

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

giphy.gif

Yes, I am told he is suffering from a badly bruised ego and slightly sprained courage..

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

Know what would be a freaking amazing early Christmas present? The Bills tripping up the Pats. Bills fans deserve it, and Pats deserve it after that travesty last Sunday at Heinz Field.

The Catch Rule is just a shit rule that needs to go away.  No one would be bitching about it if were Gronk or Amendola that got the TD called back, because everyone would've loved to have seen them unhappy... myself included.

And the more I think about it, the less salty I am about the last play of the game.  If the trick play works, Steelers are 12-2 and have home field advantage.  If not, then Steelers are still 11-3 and will clinch the division and something bad can still happen to the Pats on the way to the Playoffs. 

Some gambles are worth the payoff and I guess that is why I am not an NFL Coach.  I'd have kicked that field goal and maybe still would've lost in OT by allowing Brady to get back on the field and work some wizardry against a secondary he was slowly beginning to pick apart.

Complete AFC playoff clinching scenarios for Week 16. Not including ties, because seriously, what are the odds?

New England Patriots

Clinch #1 seed with win (vs Buffalo) + Pittsburgh loss (at Houston on Monday)+ Jacksonville loss (at San Francisco)

Clinch first-round bye with win (vs Buffalo) + loss by either Pittsburgh (at Houston on Monday) or Jacksonville (at San Francisco)

Pittsburgh Steelers

Clinch first-round bye with win (at Houston on Monday) and Jacksonville loss (at San Francisco)

Jacksonville Jaguars

Clinch AFC South with win (at San Francisco) or Tennessee loss (vs Los Angeles Rams)

Kansas City Chiefs

Clinch AFC West with win (vs Miami) or San Diego loss (at New York Jets)

Tennessee Titans

Clinch playoff berth with win (vs Los Angeles Rams) + Baltimore loss (vs Indianapolis on Saturday) + Buffalo loss (at New England)

Complete NFC playoff clinching scenarios for Week 16. Not including ties, because seriously, what are the odds?

Philadelphia Eagles

Clinch #1 seed with win (vs Oakland on Monday) or Minnesota loss (at Green Bay on Saturday)

Minnesota Vikings

Clinch first-round bye with win (at Green Bay on Saturday) + Carolina loss (vs Tampa Bay)

Los Angeles Rams

Clinch NFC West with win (at Tennessee) or Seattle loss (at Dallas)

Can also clinch playoff berth with Detroit loss (at Cincinnati) + Carolina loss (vs Tampa Bay) + Atlanta loss (at New Orleans)

New Orleans Saints

Clinch NFC South with win (vs Atlanta) + Carolina loss (vs Tampa Bay)

Can also clinch playoff berth with a win (vs Atlanta)

Carolina Panthers

Can clinch playoff berth with a win (vs Tampa Bay)

Atlanta Falcons

Can clinch playoff berth with a win (at New Orleans)