DVDVR Message Board

Raw Goes 2 Sleep - 12/18/2017

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Victator said:

They only make historical history. They can't do good matches or promos, but they will make history doing it. 

I have never seen a woman as insecure about their height as Stephanie. 

Well, she is Vince's daughter. You can just imagine what Vince neurosis she inherited from him. 

I'm glad they are finally doing a Women's Rumble. But honestly I can see them using this just as a thing for Rousey if she is indeed coming to the WWE. For some reason they see Ronda vs. Charlotte as this big dream money match. Of course, that would mean Ronda going to Smackdown. I just can't see that happening.

I like how Lana not being in the Rumble because she's now a manager is completely crazy, but serious discussions about Stephanie McMahon entering the Rumble and possibly winning exists side by side with what I said and no one blinks an eye.

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I like how Lana not being in the Rumble because she's now a manager is completely crazy, but serious discussions about Stephanie McMahon entering the Rumble and possibly winning exists side by side with what I said and no one blinks an eye.

Carry on.

I just don't get why you're so adamant about it. She could easily be in or easily be out. It's all up in the air.

The Steph stuff was people either joking or being characteristically over-the-top with their McMahon hate.

Itami botching the tornado DDT stun gun he does while Corey Graves puts over how he has a ton of innovative moves and Michael Cole saying “like this” mid botch was hilarious.

28 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

So Cena is coming back next week.  I guess it's safe to assume he's going to announce his participation in the Rumble followed by some ham handed speech about not being sure if he can overcome the odds any more or something along those lines?

sounds about right

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Heck - I am shocked they haven't done an angle where a chicken shit heel Champ goes into the Rumble and tries to win so he doesn't have to defend the title at Mania

Jinder would've been perfect for this.

"Bludgeon Brothers, the richest families in India have given me their finest jewels. I will give them to you in exchange for Rumble protection."

"Harper."

"Rowen."

"No."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Any reason why there was no IC Title or Roman?

Per Meltzer - he was just given the week off

Remember since the are doing RAW and Smackdown live next week (and the SDL MSG show) guys aren't home on the actual holidays so a lot of guys got to start earlier.

It's why both shows had more a skeleton crew to them then normal

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - just for the sake of clarity since folks have come up with different numbers

Here are the women wrestlers listed on WWE.com as of this morning (alpha by 1st name since that is how they do it)

• Alexa Bliss
  • Alicia Fox
  • Bayley
  • Becky Lynch
  • Brie Bella
  • Carmella
  • Charlotte Flair
  • Dana Brooke
  • Lana
  • Liv Morgan
  • Maria Kanellis
  • Maryse
  • Mickie James
  • Naomi
  • Natalya
  • Nia Jax
  • Nikki Bella
  • Paige
  • Ruby Riott
  • Sarah Logan
  • Sasha Banks
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Tamina

Eliminate 2 current champs (at the moment Alexa Bliss and Charlotte) and eliminate 2 women who will be in their third trimester when the PPV happens (Maria and Maryse).

That is 19 but that is counting Steph and both Bellas returning. (I am assuming Becky will be back from shooting the movie before Rumble) Realistically you are starting from 17.

13 "surprises" is a fucking lot. 

Still should be lot of resumes on file from the Mae Young Classic, brah. 

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Those are still "surprises" to 98% of the auidence

And please never use the word "brah" again

You are still shook over this JT Refuses To Play Destiny 2 thing, I see. 

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Those are still "surprises" to 98% of the audience.

Even so, I still want to see who is able to get Piper or Kavita over the top rope.  Asuka should win that match blindfolded, though.

13 hours ago, Cristobal said:

I mean Axel was the one that messed that up but okay...

Crushed... </3

Not that it really makes a difference, but okay thanks...