DVDVR Message Board

Raw Goes 2 Sleep - 12/18/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The best part of the rumble is the rumble, so I’m stoked for another. If we’re bringing back legends, go get Aja Kong, so she and Nia can do the giant staredown spot. A Laycool/Iconic Duo segment would be fun, too. There’s no problem getting to 30 and filling the time well, if they want to.

Kaitlyn has been training so her return would be a good one. I'd like to see her make a comeback. If they wanted to have a woman from the Mae Young Classic or NXT make a splash they could have them last until the final four.  Maybe a Toni Storm type but I don't know what her contract situation is. 

They could also have a couple celebrity appearances.  Ronda Rousey or Maria from Access Hollywood. 

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

So does that mean that's the only women's match on the show?  I feel like there would be title defenses.  You still have an undercard to fill.  To me 20 is just right (making it :60 would be an insult though.)  I think they are taking a chance throwing a number of no-names that could get the "boring" chants going.  Unless you have Nia or Asuka just murder them one by one.  

The men's rumble will run an hour and change. The women's version has to be at least 45 minutes. So two hours are spoken for already. We've got the Universal triple threat going, let's say 15 minutes. Styles defends the WWE championship in a 20-minute match.

Factoring in four hours for the PPV as it's one of the Big Shows and we're looking at around 75-90 minutes to fill. 

What are they going to do with the IC title? Both tag titles are hanging out there. I think they could feasibly not defend the women's titles with so much else going on, but that remains to be seen.

Folks will shit in their own mouths if Reigns is in the Rumble next month. Never mind that he's likely not to win and will get to Brock via Elimination Chamber in February.

They'll have to figure out a way to get the IC title off Roman without him dropping it clean. Maybe he goes against Joe and Jordan interferes for a choke-out win. But yeesh, they've had Joe sneak Coquina Clutch Reigns several times already. 

I'd be for Reigns carrying the IC belt to Mania, but again, folks will cry bloody murder because Roman Reigns.

And who knows with Ambrose, as I suspect tonight was a way to get him off TV for  what seems to be a legit arm injury.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not including current champions Alexa Bliss and Charlotte, there are 19 women on the main roster. The Bellas take it to 21, with the Icons making it 23. That leaves only 7 spots to fill, easily done with 2-3 legends and a couple more NXT callups. Capping it at 20 is highly unlikely.

Lana is a manager for Tamina. They've made that pretty clear.

Carmella holds the MITB briefcase, wouldn't make much sense for her to be in this match.

Both of the Bellas have their reasons why it won't happen, whether it's serious neck issues (Nikki) or still taking care of a new born (Brie).

Most of everything tonight just felt kind of there.

The announcement of the Women's Royal Rumble is interesting. I'm curious if the go for a full 30 or cap it off at 20. If its 30 it will be interesting to see who returns and who comes up from NXT or developmental for it.

Clearly it's going to end with Stephanie looking like she's won when #30 Ronda Rousey comes out and throws Steph out to a huge pop.

Steph then of course gets her win back at Mania.

50 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Clearly it's going to end with Stephanie looking like she's won when #30 Ronda Rousey comes out and throws Steph out to a huge pop.

Steph then of course gets her win back at Mania.

Nah, she’ll win the Rumble. The win isn’t even a psychical match though. She just spays her opponents for 25 mins, quotes her father, and it’s a TKO via verbiage.