DVDVR Message Board

The LaVar Ball Memorial Off-Court Thread

Dolfan in NYC

How am I just learning that Stephen the God damned man Jackson released a Donald Sterling diss track about Donald Sterling back in 2014 complete with awesome video?!

AAAAAnd Dame beefed with both Marvin Bagley Jr and Shaq this offseason. Unbelievable.

Edited by Oyaji

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm frankly shocked it took me this long to type this sentence, but...

Dion Waiters has been suspended without pay for... 

*spins the wheel*  

...hmm, it has landed on "having a panic attack after taking a THC edible on a team flight to the west coast last week."

Yes, that seems right.   Oh, and the Heat are pretty sure a teammate gave him the edible, but he's not telling.  (Goddamnit, I like him again now.)

x8otxncdr4y31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm frankly shocked it took me this long to type this sentence, but...

Dion Waiters has been suspended without pay for... 

*spins the wheel*  

...hmm, it has landed on "having a panic attack after taking a THC edible on a team flight to the west coast last week."

Yes, that seems right.   Oh, and the Heat are pretty sure a teammate gave him the edible, but he's not telling.  (Goddamnit, I like him again now.)

x8otxncdr4y31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

There really needs to be a 30 for 30 for most outrageous NBA players.  The fact that Dion Waiters doesn't crack the top 10 even after this, says a lot.  I just want a 2 hour documentary with a bunch of former teammates talking about guys like Michael Beasley, Ricky Davis, and the mid-00s Wizards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

There really needs to be a 30 for 30 for most outrageous NBA players.  The fact that Dion Waiters doesn't crack the top 10 even after this, says a lot.  I just want a 2 hour documentary with a bunch of former teammates talking about guys like Michael Beasley, Ricky Davis, and the mid-00s Wizards.

Call it the Michael Ray Richardson All-Stars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Call it the Michael Ray Richardson All-Stars

That's not the same, Michael Ray Richardson had a pretty depressing drug problem.  I'm talking about the fun loving crazy guys.  Like the Wizards after the guns, with Javale, Swaggy P, and all those weirdos.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:44 PM, supremebve said:

That's not the same, Michael Ray Richardson had a pretty depressing drug problem.  I'm talking about the fun loving crazy guys.  Like the Wizards after the guns, with Javale, Swaggy P, and all those weirdos.

So "The thread be sinking"???

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

David Stern has apparently suffered a stroke.

That sucks, David Stern is probably the most influential sports commissioner of my lifetime.  His entire tenure was filled with him doing shit I didn't agree with, but he was just a smirking heel I didn't hate him for it.  That's a fine ass line to walk, and he did it for a couple of decades.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So..... John Beilein really knows how to liven up a film session.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28450077/coach-john-beilein-apologizes-cavs-says-meant-call-players-slugs-not-thugs

I'm not sure what's worse - calling a group of young black men (who make very good money) "thugs" or doing damage control by saying you meant to call the players "slugs.".  The context is that Beilien was apparently complaining his players has started playing soft, so, in that context, claiming you actually meant to say the players were "slugs" makes no sense.  He's mad his players are no longer playing like slugs?  Yeah... that makes no sense.

I know Coach Beilein.  He coached at my alma mater before getting the Michigan job.  I met him numerous times through work.  He struck me as a class act and not at all a racist.  On the other hand, he's been a college coach for decades, so it's hard to believe he isn't aware that's something you just can't say to players.  He seems like he's in over his head.  Cleveland's a dumpster fire.  He's not the guy to put it out.

Edited by Whodathunkit

5 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

So..... John Beilein really knows how to liven up a film session.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28450077/coach-john-beilein-apologizes-cavs-says-meant-call-players-slugs-not-thugs

I'm not sure what's worse - calling a group of young black men (who make very good money) "thugs" or doing damage control by saying you meant to call the players "slugs.".  The context is that Beilien was apparently complaining his players has started playing soft, so, in that context, claiming you actually meant to say the players were "slugs" makes no sense.  He's mad his players are no longer playing like slugs?  Yeah... that makes no sense.

I know Coach Beilein.  He coached at my alma mater before getting the Michigan job.  I met him numerous times through work.  He struck me as a class act and not at all a racist.  On the other hand, he's been a college coach for decades, so it's hard to believe he isn't aware that's something you just can't say to players.  He seems like he's in over his head.  Cleveland's a dumpster fire.  He's not the guy to put it out.

The #1 thing you have to remember as an NBA coach is that you are less important than the players, even if the players suck.  He's done in that town, and possibly done as an NBA coach.  It is the league where the coach matters the least, and the players matter the most.  If the players don't trust you, you're gone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, supremebve said:

If there is one thing that will get your ass beat every single time, it is fucking with another man's automobile.  

You don't fuck with another man's car, you just don't...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...