DVDVR Message Board

The LaVar Ball Memorial Off-Court Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Regarding who knew and who didn't know - per Cauthen's attorney, Tony Buzbee (yes, the same one from the Deshaun Watson case) said

Buzbee specifically cited Spurs general manager Brian Wright, as well as the team's general counsel, deputy general counsel and head of human relations, for failing to appropriately respond when Cauthen informed them of Primo's conduct. Buzbee said that Cauthen was told in June that coach Gregg Popovich was aware of the issue, but Buzbee added, "We may have concluded here that they were lying."

Buzbee said that instead of addressing the problem with Primo, Spurs management told Cauthen "to sit it out," telling her that she could work from home and that the team had "lost trust in her."

So Pop might have had no idea

The fact that he is now trying to tell people what parts of the documentary he doesn't agree with tells me that either someone finally made him watch the thing or the person who cut the check created some talking points about the movie to him and he is like "wait it says that.  fuck".     I refuse to believe that he actually watched the movie.  He saw the title , thought it was cute, and promoted it.  

Also for someone who claims to be smart he is really fucking stupid with this "I didn't create the movie so it isn't my beliefs".   When was the last time you retweeted or liked something on social media that you completely disagreed with.  Maybe you quote tweeted to tell people how stupid it is or to give a warning but that doesn't work here. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The fact that he is now trying to tell people what parts of the documentary he doesn't agree with tells me that either someone finally made him watch the thing or the person who cut the check created some talking points about the movie to him and he is like "wait it says that.  fuck".     I refuse to believe that he actually watched the movie.  He saw the title , thought it was cute, and promoted it.  

Also for someone who claims to be smart he is really fucking stupid with this "I didn't create the movie so it isn't my beliefs".   When was the last time you retweeted or liked something on social media that you completely disagreed with.  Maybe you quote tweeted to tell people how stupid it is or to give a warning but that doesn't work here. 

Kyrie has proven time and time again that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  Among other things....dude thinks the earth is flat lol. A great example of today's crisis of people youtubing and googling stuff and considering themselves intellectuals.

• Like 3

Nike has "suspended" their relationship with Kyrie and are postponing the release of the Kyrie 8s.  They had already announced that they weren't going to renew his deal when it expires at the end of the season.

I'm trying to remember if there's been another athlete who has entirely tanked (possibly tanked, at this point) their career themselves.

What I mean is with almost no outside sources accusing them of anything or causing the damaging information to get out. Kyrie has offered this all up himself without having to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Jim Bouton might be the closest, but, unlike Bouton, this is not a case where time will tell that this dipshit was in the right all along.

I'd never heard of Bouton. His story is crazy with the commissioner at the time trying to get him to say his book was straight fiction.

Hey speaking of documentaries I started watching Secret Base's The People You're Paying To Be In Shorts and as far as I can tell it's a weird, meandering 2-and-a-half hour documentary about the 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats season...It doesn't exactly give you a strong mission statement up front about what it's trying to accomplish or reveal, so I'm left wondering, why exactly am I supposed to sit through a long stream-of-consciousness meditation about a year in the life of a mediocre NBA team? 

21 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Hey speaking of documentaries I started watching Secret Base's The People You're Paying To Be In Shorts and as far as I can tell it's a weird, meandering 2-and-a-half hour documentary about the 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats season...It doesn't exactly give you a strong mission statement up front about what it's trying to accomplish or reveal, so I'm left wondering, why exactly am I supposed to sit through a long stream-of-consciousness meditation about a year in the life of a mediocre NBA team? 

Aren't they by winning percentage the worst team ever, or awfully close to it?

Just for the record - that is kinda Secret Base's deal with these documentaries

It devotes time to weird interesting stories - like they did one that is basically the history of the Mariners (since a few of them are Mariners fans), or they one entirely devoted to Dave Steib, etc...

Though you are right with this one - they didn't really explain what it was. It was like they just assumed everyone watching was gonna be familiar with its gimmick

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - that is kinda Secret Base's deal with these documentaries

It devotes time to weird interesting stories - like they did one that is basically the history of the Mariners (since a few of them are Mariners fans), or they one entirely devoted to Dave Steib, etc...

Though you are right with this one - they didn't really explain what it was. It was like they just assumed everyone watching was gonna be familiar with its gimmick

Their Mariners documentary is great. 

• 2 weeks later...

So either Jaylen Brown is just as stupid as Kyrie or knows exactly what he is doing and just don't give a fuck (which is my theory).  I mean showing the Black Israelites protesting during an NBA game to show support for Kyrie is pretty interesting.    A lot of people are using the "well he didn't know about them" excuse like they did for the documentary that Kyrie supported until someone actually told him the shit in it is kind of insulting as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Nike dropped Kyrie.  He says it's mutual.

I'm not sure if this means:

• He thinks his fans will never buy Nikes again 
  • He's going to sign with someone else (lol) and all his fans are going to follow him there
  • Or he's going to make his own shoe brand.  

• Haha 1

Ja Morant will be taking Kyrie's place and getting his own signature shoe.

Completely unrelated but I just bought my first-ever Nikes.  I'm not a sneaker guy but how could I not get these?

FiGdQFlWAAAqqM-?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Last 24 hours has really been an blueprint of how fucked up we are as a country.   Literally about 40% of this country is irate that an American citizen was freed from Russia

Anything Biden or his administration does is going to automatically make 40% of this country irate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 8:14 AM, hammerva said:

Last 24 hours has really been an blueprint of how fucked up we are as a country.   Literally about 40% of this country is irate that an American citizen was freed from Russia

It seems like anger turned to apathy pretty quickly.  A “Welcome Home” rally for Griner in Waco apparently drew about 20 people.  I figured she’d get 15 min of fame and a talk show tour but maybe not.  

At least Biden now claims they are going to focus on getting Paul Whelan home, but I’m not expecting much.

22 hours ago, Mario said:

It seems like anger turned to apathy pretty quickly.  A “Welcome Home” rally for Griner in Waco apparently drew about 20 people.  I figured she’d get 15 min of fame and a talk show tour but maybe not.  

At least Biden now claims they are going to focus on getting Paul Whelan home, but I’m not expecting much.

Gonna need a lot more to get him. Griner was basically just a political pr stunt for Russia. They got someone they want (or want to torture and kill, possibly) without giving up anything they actually cared about. Whelan is a different situation.

• 3 weeks later...