DVDVR Message Board

The LaVar Ball Memorial Off-Court Thread

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Philander Rodman, Dennis' father has died in the Philippines. 

Notable, Mr. Rodman had 29 (known) children by 16 women.  ?

If only there was a word to describe that sort of person...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Philander Rodman, Dennis' father has died in the Philippines. 

Notable, Mr. Rodman had 29 (known) children by 16 women.  ?

I mean,  when you name your child Philander, what do you expect. 

• Like 2

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) is co-owner of the WNBA's Atlanta Dream.  Last week she wrote a letter to the league commissioner, decrying the Black Lives Matter movement.  

It went over as well as you'd expect.  

Fast forward to today... she's refusing to sell the team saying "they won't push me out for my beliefs."  

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I say good for the woman for speaking out, and the “guy” (assuming he’s guilty which I’m almost positive he is) that did it should be banned from the NBA for life. 

I know it’s not right to judge a book by its cover either, but this scumbag looks like the type that would hurt someone in that manner. 

And the reason I put guy in quotes is no real man would do that crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Heat have suspended Meyers Leonard.  His gaming team FaZe has severed ties with him.  

He has apologized saying he 'didn't know what the word meant' when he said it.  (ed. note - LOL)

The NBA is investigating.  

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Heat have suspended Meyers Leonard.  His gaming team FaZe has severed ties with him.  

He has apologized saying he 'didn't know what the word meant' when he said it.  (ed. note - LOL)

The NBA is investigating.  

"I don't know what this very specific, rarely used racial slur means," is not something I'll ever believe from an adult.  That is the rare word that only is used in one context.  I can't think of a single situation where that word can be used without the conversation being about anti-Semitism.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eoae said:

NBA is probably in for a rude awakening if this leads to them investigating what other players have (probably) said online.

Honestly, I'm sure people have said some wild shit online,  but it's hard to get more cut and dry than this one. There isn't a real way to call someone a "k*ke bitch" in a way that can be construed as anything but antisemitic.  Seriously,  I've never heard that word used in any way other than a slur... almost every other word has an alternate meaning or can be used in a different context. That one only has one use, and adding a bitch doesn't make it any better. 

• Like 4

On 7/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, Pete said:

If only there was a word to describe that sort of person...

You would think that there might be... Maybe starting with a "p" and an "h"? Nah, that would be too easy...

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

NBA is probably in for a rude awakening if this leads to them investigating what other players have (probably) said online.

Yeah, that's leading nowhere good. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, supremebve said:

"I don't know what this very specific, rarely used racial slur means," is not something I'll ever believe from an adult.  That is the rare word that only is used in one context.  I can't think of a single situation where that word can be used without the conversation being about anti-Semitism.  

I know this is probably not the place for it but I would argue that slur is one of the more extreme ones out there.  I mean you hear some black people use the N word sonewhat casually but I dont think I have ever heard Jews call each other that word without major shit coming down 

Like Bomani Jones said on Highly Questionable,  if you don't know what that word means what did you THINK it meant.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I know this is probably not the place for it but I would argue that slur is one of the more extreme ones out there.  I mean you hear some black people use the N word sonewhat casually but I dont think I have ever heard Jews call each other that word without major shit coming down 

Like Bomani Jones said on Highly Questionable,  if you don't know what that word means what did you THINK it meant.

This is my exact point.  I've never heard it used for anything else, or tried to be reclaimed, or as a term of endearment amongst friends.  It is only used as a slur.