DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

That Mandy Rose has some kinda figure. Yowza! <_<

Dustin probably didn't have this in mind 20 yrs ago, but the fact that he wears the face paint means he's not obviously aging. It was a good move for him. And speaking of physiques, he seems slimmer than ever. 

Re Brawn and Alexa -- :wub: them together

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bottom line Facebook fucking sucks in comparison to YouTube and other streaming services. There's more lag, less viewing options and the interface is a fucking dinosaur. FB ain't doing shit with video until they sort that out.

I haven't even tried this show on FB. Even if I wanted to, the commentators'  constant crowing about how awesome it is to be able to chat live is such a beating that it makes me want to turn away. I have tried to join live chats of events on Youtube and Twitch, and the chat moves so fast you can't interact anyway. So where's the benefit? Twitter's a lot more manageable and interactive. 

I haven't watched this yet, but if Alexa isn't riding on Braun's shoulders like this, WWE has totally dropped the ball:

latest?cb=20150715152956

And she did say his shirt would fit like a glove, he should have worn it like a glove.

• Like 2

No but her timing was terrible for that. She was a reminder of that era right when WWE was finally building an actual women's division.

But most of it wasn't her fault. They hired her, and pushed her, and what not. I know she did some stuff backstage that pissed people off, but the fans hated her to a degree that was totally unfair to her.

I saw something about her opening up about alcoholism, and I hope she's doing better and getting help.

• Like 1

I never hated Eva ever. She was ok on Total Divas. She seemed like a decent person. Yes, she was bad in the ring but she didn't have much training what could you expect? She received no training before being put on TV, then she did receive training but still not enough, some people need a couple years before they are TV ready.

She was a heat magnet with the fans.  Her vs. Bayley at the NXT Asbury Park show was hilarious how much the fans hated her.  But yeah, when she got hired, they immediately put her on TV and did zero training with her in the typical WWE mentality "She's hot, we'll figure out the rest later".  I remember when she was pushing for them to send her to NXT so she could get better and it always seemed like Curano was like "Well, we could do that, but you'll be out of sight and out of mind", so a lot of it wasn't her fault.

And the red and gold bit was mentioned with Mandy and Eva where she was pitching it and then Mandy learned that on a previous season, they were pitching "Red and Gold" with Eva and Summer and got mad about it.

Eva Marie's title shot against Bayley on NXT TV is so great because the crowd is living and dying on every count hoping Bayley doesn't drop the title to Eva. I've defended Eva with my buddies they take shots at her and I asked did you watch her NXT matches. Eva Marie had a great thing going on Smackdown before she failed the drug test or else more people would have changed they minds on her. 

I like Ashley but she was worst then Eva ever was but again how much training did she have and Ashley had the injury bug bad in her time in WWE. 

I'm thinking this week on TV Goldust and J Uso will be the deciding fall since if Mandy is in the Chamber she doesn't need to take the fall and Smackdown needs the win since right now they are 0-3. 

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

As much as she was terrible, there's a part of me that feels really bad for Eva. People were legit wishing death on the woman just because she wasn't a very good wrestler.

Women in wrestling get a bad rap period in the WWE until the Divas Revolution. Lita got called a slut on her retiring farewell. Layla-El was sent off with boos. And I am pretty sure Nikki and Brie will never get over the fact that compared to the Divas Revolution stars and AJ Lee, they were hogging the limelight from more preferred acts.

I find it hilarious that Stephanie insists on being the voice and motivation of the Women's's Revolution.

• Like 1

Ironically, thanks to TOTAL DIVAS, I am guessing that the Bellas have made more $$ for the company than any women, except maybe Sunny and Sable. I didn't care for them back in the day because, as you say, I felt like they were taking away from "real women's wrestling". But I have come around on them. 

14 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Ironically, thanks to TOTAL DIVAS, I am guessing that the Bellas have made more $$ for the company than any women, except maybe Sunny and Sable. I didn't care for them back in the day because, as you say, I felt like they were taking away from "real women's wrestling". But I have come around on them. 

If NXT today was a thing when Nikki and Brie came up, they'd both be mega over from day one on Raw.

Those two were thrown to the wolves and the fact that both are competent workers and solid on air personalities is a credit to how hard they work despite some hardcore fans given them shit.

Like it's disgusting Nikki  gets "John Cena sucks" chants during her in ring work. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

If NXT today was a thing when Nikki and Brie came up, they'd both be mega over from day one on Raw.

Man, to think of all of the women who would have been more successful sooner, instead of floundering for years before finally latching onto something, if present day NXT were around then. Alicia...Tamina...Naomi...

I was thinking the other day about Becky Lynch and this topic of timing. She of course started out as Rebecca Knox on the indie scene around 2005. She was a firm favorite and respected as one of the best workers, amongst SHIMMER fans who took such things super seriously. To our disappointment, she got hurt or whatever and was forced to retire. Only to reappear almost 10 years later and become quite the star for the WWE. 

If she had stayed healthy and active, she would likely have gone the way of Taylor Wilde or Cheerleader Melissa or Rain, ending up as a Knockout in 2008 and forgotten a few years later. And that's if she didn't end up fading completely, the way Daizee Haze or Alexa Thatcher or Lacey did. 

Ironically, from a career standpoint, whatever happened to her was the best thing that could have happened. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I was thinking the other day about Becky Lynch and this topic of timing. She of course started out as Rebecca Knox on the indie scene around 2005. She was a firm favorite and respected as one of the best workers, amongst SHIMMER fans who took such things super seriously. To our disappointment, she got hurt or whatever and was forced to retire. Only to reappear almost 10 years later and become quite the star for the WWE. 

If she had stayed healthy and active, she would likely have gone the way of Taylor Wilde or Cheerleader Melissa or Rain, ending up as a Knockout in 2008 and forgotten a few years later. And that's if she didn't end up fading completely, the way Daizee Haze or Alexa Thatcher or Lacey did. 

Ironically, from a career standpoint, whatever happened to her was the best thing that could have happened. 

It was a very serious concussion, about a week after she had received a previous concussion, if my memory was right. She was pulled from what was a hugely hyped "Ironwoman Match" between her and Daizee at Shimmer 7 & 8.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

It was a very serious concussion, about a week after she had received a previous concussion, if my memory was right. She was pulled from what was a hugely hyped "Ironwoman Match" between her and Daizee at Shimmer 7 & 8.

Oh yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks!

Fuark, that would have been a good match. :(  But again, in the end it all worked out for the best for her, from a rasslin career standpoint. 

Aside: I didn't know she was back. When I first saw Becky Lynch, I did a double take. "Wait, is that? Horry Sheet!" And started marking out like an idiot. 

On 2/2/2018 at 2:15 AM, Hail Sabin said:

Eva Marie's title shot against Bayley on NXT TV is so great because the crowd is living and dying on every count hoping Bayley doesn't drop the title to Eva. I've defended Eva with my buddies they take shots at her and I asked did you watch her NXT matches. Eva Marie had a great thing going on Smackdown before she failed the drug test or else more people would have changed they minds on her.

I liked Eva Marie because of that title match and the stuff she had going on SDL. I will always be a little sad the SDL stuff never came to full fruition.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:18 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I remember her NXT run being better but still really awkward.

But iirc, they put her on TV on the main roster with less than a month of training. What's she supposed to do?

Yeah I still don't get why they finally let her get real training only to put her on tv again before she got even six months in. I mean it says a lot when Regal and/or HHH basically admitted to Kendrick that they had no idea how she was because she was never properly trained despite having wrestled for a good year or two at that point.