DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

I absolutely love Becky trying so hard not to laugh at the cake being blamed.

This was easily my favorite episode yet mainly because of Braun and Alexa.  If there was a pairing I wish would exist past MMC it's them.  I don't think it'll happen due to Wrestlemania plans, but at some point it should.  All they need is some sold way of having Braun do Alexa's bidding on Raw and they're set.  I wasn't expecting them to be so fond of each other personally, but I'm sure there's many that'd want to see them hook up (poor Buddy)

19 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

... that made Sami and Becky look pretty bad, I thought.

Definitely felt like the closest thing to a squash we have had so far. But it was also versus arguably the favorites to win the whole thing. 

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As I said in the other thread, I would like to know the +1/3 catch up numbers.

I know I quit trying to watch it on Facebook after the first week because I'd run into issues with it freezing up now and then.  Last week, my wife, daugther, and I watched it lunch on Friday  on the Network since my wife works from home on Fridays.  It's just easier.

11 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

... that made Sami and Becky look pretty bad, I thought.

The two clearly had a blast. And it goes to show that they really should push Becky as this absolutely adorable goof who'll kick your ass in ring. Because she's got this great nerdy sense of humour full of terrible jokes and corpsing.

BTW - a counter point to the live viewing numbers (per the WON update)

The live viewing numbers were down for the second straight week, but the total views are up slightly from where last week’s episode was at this time. The second episode has 1.7 million views compared to the first episode's 1.9 million as of now.

I don't watch on Facebook because there's no component to view those videos on a Roku, PS4, or whatever as far as I know. I watched the first episode on my computer because I just happened to have work to do that night.

FWIW, there's a huge issue right now in the Dota and eSports scene with moving broadcasts from Twitch to Facebook. The same reasoning was used for choosing Facebook - EVERYONE is on Facebook. Except for live numbers, it's not translating very well.

In theory, Facebook sounds like a great platform for video watching, but in practice, at least with live views, it really isn't. 

Yeah, I went to watch ep. 3 like ~15 hours after it aired live, and it was already up to something like 600k views. Now it's up to like 999.7k. So people are def. watching, just not live.

Also if you look at the Network "Most Popular" list right now - Episode 2 is #4 behind the Rumble, Takeover and the 24: Orlando show.

Episode 1 is still in the Top 10 (this week's episode isn't on the Network yet.)

And those numbers are different from the Facebook #s

So I think it shows that the concept is popular which is good for the WWE. They also learned that putting live programming on Facebook isn't a good idea (which is something that is good to know)

I think the only one who really comes out "bad" in this is Facebook.

I don't think you can put a lot of stock into those Facebook total view numbers. If somebody gets this to show up in their feed and they just scroll by it, doesn't that count as a view? I think it was Mookieghana on his VOW podcast who talked about this. 

15 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't think you can put a lot of stock into those Facebook total view numbers. If somebody gets this to show up in their feed and they just scroll by it, doesn't that count as a view? I think it was Mookieghana on his VOW podcast who talked about this. 

That would explain why the numbers are constantly dwindling as the show goes on

Facebook firmly believes it's own future is video, they've been talking about it for years. Despite the fact that I'm yet to ever hear a single person say they want to watch videos on Facebook or that they think Facebook needs more videos.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Facebook firmly believes it's own future is video, they've been talking about it for years. Despite the fact that I'm yet to ever hear a single person say they want to watch videos on Facebook or that they think Facebook needs more videos.

The only time I watch videos on Facebook is when we're due to have bad weather and the meteorologists in the area wind up doing a Facebook broadcast to talk about severe weather before they go on air. You usually get a nerdier and more scientific talk about what to expect.