DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

13 hours ago, Casey said:

Apparently they taped Naomi/Jimmy Uso versus Corbin/Tamina for the MMC before Smackdown this week.

The matches are live (so much so that they have to push 205 Live back and to 10:20 and cut the show down to one match).  They were probably just doing a test run.

Obviously I know it's a work and the goal is just to entertain so it doesn't matter, but there's a chunk of my brain that's screaming "How is it fair that one of the 3 legit semi-finalists gets to face the inferior 2nd chance team?"

11 minutes ago, nofuture said:

See, I would think the semi-final would be Miz/Asuka vs Strowman/Bliss because that would tie in a bunch of current and past story-lines.  Then on the other side you'd have Roode/Flair vs either Banks/Finn or Sami/Becky as your fan vote.

I just figure that most of the teams that you expect to blow up would, in fact, blow up.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if they will try to keep face vs heel when possible. 

Sadly, I think 2nd round is the ceiling for Lana #1.

Honestly, I'd love it if it were booked by straight coin flip.  No "favorites" or what have you.  4 coin flips your way and you win.   

Assuming nothing that happens here will affect the main shows' storylines, there's no real reason to book this as anything but "absolutely anyone can win."  

The reason I love this concept and I'm looking forward to watching is because I literally have no idea how this will be booked.  WWE booking is so predictable you pretty much know who's winning 90% of the time.  With this being fairly non-canon with no real prize for the winner they could legit do anything with the booking.  Yeah, Braun/Alexa seems like they would go over Sami/Becky, but I could easily see them having Alexa tap to Becky.  Miz/Asuka would probably go over E/Carmella, but I could see them having E pin Miz.  Hell, I could see them having Goldust/Fox win the whole thing.  This whole this is impossible to predict, which makes it so refreshing compared to all other WWE programming.

10 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Are there any stakes for this? Something like, "Locked in at #25 in the Rumble" for the winning team would be cool.

Tipping we get Miz/Asuka v Bliss/Strowman and then Roode/Flair vs Fan Vote.

If Miz is pinned is Asuka still undefeated?

In regards to the stakes - when they announced it they something about money going to winning team’s charity (which will probably end up being Connor’s Cure)

And with Asuka - I am sure they will just say she is undefeated in singles competition.

Heck at this point I’m actually expecting her to kick Miz in the head and that’s how they lose

So I knew this was on Facebook, but just saw a tweet saying it's on "Facebook Watch", and that's only available in the US.  Is that true?  Is there a (non-shady) way for Canada to watch this?

edit: Found this link that seems to confirm Canada is SOL for watching this live, short of using a VPN or whatever.  That sucks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWE/comments/7pg8n8/canadian_wanting_to_watch_the_mixed_match/

I'm wondering...Is this going to be like other live Facebook videos where you can see hearts and thumbs up and frowny face icons constantly popping up at the bottom of the screen? They mentioned before about fan interaction, which I suppose could just be the fan vote in the later rounds, but I wonder if it's also showing viewer reactions during the broadcast.

If that's the case, man, fuuuuuck that.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-mixed-match-challenge/article/wwe-to-support-12-charities-in-mixed-match-challenge?sf179047536=1

Mixed Match Challenge Charities/Teams

Americares helps save lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster.
Represented by: Elias & Bayley

Boys & Girls Clubs of America provides the resources needed to enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Represented by: Jimmy Uso & Naomi

Connor’s Cure raises awareness and funds for pediatric cancer research, in partnership with The V Foundation and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
Represented by: Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss

Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation initiative, inspires and connects girls globally through its leadership program that positions girls to be changemakers in their communities.
Represented by: Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair

Global Citizen encourages the collective actions of people around the world with the goal of ending extreme poverty by 2030.
Represented by: Rusev & Lana

Hire Heroes USA empowers U.S. military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce.
Represented by: Alicia Fox & Goldust

KaBOOM! is dedicated to making sure all kids get the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play.
Represented by: Big E & Carmella

Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Represented by: Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya

Rescue Dogs Rock is an animal rescue organization whose goal is to provide homeless, neglected or abused dogs the medical care they need and the loving home they deserve.
Represented by: The Miz & Asuka

UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first and works toward the day when no children suffer from preventable causes. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States.
Represented by: Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch

Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to empower people with intellectual disabilities.
Represented by: Finn Bálor & Sasha Banks

Susan G. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Represented by: Apollo Crews & Nia Jax

BTW - the charities were announced

Elias/Bayley - Americares

Braun/Alexa - Connor's Cure

Jimmy Uso/Naomi - Boys & Girls Club of America

Roode/Charlotte - Girl Up

Rusev/Lana - Global Citizen

Fox/Goldust - Hire Heroes USA

Big E/Carmella - KaBOOM!

Nak/Nattie - Make-A-Wish

Miz/Asuka - Rescue Dogs Rock

Sami/Becky - UNICEF