DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Oh my gosh, I want this 1000 times more than Mark Cuban being a MLB team owner. If Mark Cuban would disrupt the good old boys club of MLB owners that much, then Kaep and Diddy owning a team would be like Al Czervik owning Bushwood.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I want to live in the magical world where Kaep owns an NFL team and signs himself to play quarterback.

This would mean getting rid of Cam and I am not sure if I support this even though he can be a dumbass that doesn't choose his words well.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This would mean getting rid of Cam and I am not sure if I support this even though he can be a dumbass that doesn't choose his words well.

Kaep can be his backup.  He doesn't have to actually play, his having a roster spot is enough to offend the right people.

• Like 1

If you own an NFL franchise that's probably going to be profitable why in the hottest circle of hell would you want to play quarterback or play any position really? That's hustling backwards to the highest degree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you own an NFL franchise that's probably going to be profitable why in the hottest circle of hell would you want to play quarterback or play any position really? That's hustling backwards to the highest degree.

To Fuck With People Who Have Fucked With You.

The noblest reason of all.

(also Kaep would not actually have the money to be a majority owner.  And bear in mind we are discussing a "magical" world here.  :) )

• Like 2

Success is the ultimate form of revenge so Kaep best fucks with the people who fucked with him by showing up to the Owner's Meetings wearing Cuban Links and saying, "This is where I sit.  Right, mother fuckers?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

To Fuck With People Who Have Fucked With You.

A black person owning anything of note is enough to do that. Are we not paying any attention to the whole Big Baller Brand thing? The amount of morons who got on social media and acted like one random black guy trying to promote his sons (as overbearing and extremely vicarious as it may be) is actually trying to compete with Nike and Adidas AG was enough to make your head spin. Now, imagine a black person (or black people) being a part of an NFL franchise and not like in this incompetent black GM role (Hi, Jerry Reese!) or like Serena and Venus owning like 0.000009% of the Miami Dolphins.

Plus, Colin's girl has a pretty nice gig on the radio and he's not living this lavish life so it's not like he has to be a quarterback. Basically, any legit reason to not get on a football field is the best reason not to be on a football field. It's a just a mere figurehead position, let it be that.

• Like 1

Bruce Arians announced that the Cards are going back to Drew Stanton as QB but it totally has nothing to do with Blaine Gabbert's performance as QB

Bruce Arians clearly would like to be put of his misery

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, something really bad must be coming down the pike, because Jerry Richardson has stepped aside from his role with the Carolina organization to focus on the sale of the team.  

You do not give up an NFL franchise, because of rumor and innuendo.  That dude is guilty of whatever it is he's accused of and is trying to get out of dodge before the shit hits the fan.

• Like 1

If we are looking for a silver lining

Tina Becker was promoted to COO of the Panthers and is running its day to day operations which makes her one of the highest ranking females in the NFL

She has been with the team 20 years and apparently done it all with the franchise including being an original TopCat

Very quick scan of the Panthers local media shows a lot of them raving about her