DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

What Big Mike means is that it is safer to tuck the ball/bring it in rather than reaching. If you reach and the ball wiggles a bit during the reaching/hitting the ground process, the player takes that risk. I don't necessarily like the rule but I knew that would be overturned once the ball moved a bit when he reached and it hit the ground. Even on the Dez one, if he tucks it into his chest instead of reaching for the goaline, he probably catches it.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So being tackled is at your own risk Mike?

That's why I'm a bit confused. Geronimo Allison turning up field is a "football move" and then getting striped a split second later makes it a fumble. Intentionally laying out as you cross the goal line is not?

That's what irks me. I can understand if you dive for a catch and needing to hold on to it all the way through the five or while tumbling. But James caught it, turned his body in a football move, and dove. Only then did it bobble. To me it's at worst a catch and a fumble...which he recovered. 

Damn has football gotten ridiculous when a clear catch isn't even a catch anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pipGofern said:

Damn has football gotten ridiculous when a clear catch isn't even a catch anymore.

And that it is clearly considered a feature, rather than a bug.

If it's been a problem this common, and for this long, clearly they do not see it as a problem. 

It is Working As Intended. <_<

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So what famous Carolinians are gonna buy the Panthers?

We know Flair is out

If we're being technical, Vince McMahon is as much from North Carolina as Ric Flair and his awful Minnesota accent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If we're being technical, Vince McMahon is as much from North Carolina as Ric Flair and his awful Minnesota accent.

That is one way the NFL can eliminate the XFL reboot

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That is one way the NFL can eliminate the XFL reboot

I dunno what I want more: another Trump backed football league biting the dust or Vince running a football franchise down into the ground to a point where it's possible you can legitimately have an international NFL franchise after Vince has to inevitably sell it. Either way...the shield wins and not the Stamford version.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So what famous Carolinians are gonna buy the Panthers?

We know Flair is out

Vince will buy them for the new league.

Also in the new league a catch will simple be holding the ball with both feet inbounds. No bobbles, or completions. Just grab it with both feet inbounds and play on.

3 hours ago, happjack said:

He didn’t drop it, he had a hand under the ball and it “moved” after the ball crossed the goal line.

He sure did drop it. His left hand came off the ball entirely and flipped around so that the back of his hand was on the ball. 

It definitely was a drop by rule (the Dez thing, on the other hand, it literally depends on which of the two clauses you read in the catch rule.) This was black and white. Right call, arguably dumb rule.

Fumble out the endzone is still the worst though. The rules literally change for no reason. Offense should get the ball at the spot of the fumble.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It definitely was a drop by rule (the Dez thing, on the other hand, it literally depends on which of the two clauses you read in the catch rule.) This was black and white. Right call, arguably dumb rule.

Fumble out the endzone is still the worst though. The rules literally change for no reason. Offense should get the ball at the spot of the fumble.

Speak of the devil!

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Foreshadowing.