DVDVR Message Board

Rich Swann? Never Heard of Him. - Raw - 12/11/2017

Dolfan in NYC

37 minutes ago, България завинаги said:

I get the feeling he's impressed the right people, but I think he might be shunted into a GM role or something along those lines. If he can find 15-20lbs from somewhere it wouldn't do him any harm.

Lots of carbs.

2 hours ago, България завинаги said:

I get the feeling he's impressed the right people, but I think he might be shunted into a GM role or something along those lines. If he can find 15-20lbs from somewhere it wouldn't do him any harm.

When has a WWE wrestler not been able to find a "way" to pack on 15 or 20 lbs or muscle?  I kinda feel like Drew just needs to talk to Bog E or Ryback --- or Cena or Reigns or Jinder or half the roster, really - and they can point him in the right direction.

12 hours ago, Peck said:

People are either going to really love or really despise this Bray/Hardy stuff. There will be no middle ground.

I was so annoyed with it that I turned it off.  I can't believe that I just said that, but it's true, Bray Wyatt, once the future of wrestling and Matt Hardy, as solid an in-ring performer as there's ever been got me to turn off the fucking program. I'll admit that I have trouble sitting through three hours of RAW anyway, but five minutes of Bray and Hardy laughing like a couple of idiots was more than I could take. SDL is a better show anyway.

If I was booking wrestling I'd run with Elias as a heel champ who uses wrestling as a side gig to being in a band. Then demands they pay his entourage or he won't appear. Just a bunch of weirdo hanger on cats, including a French mime who's his version of Paul Heyman. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

If I was booking wrestling I'd run with Elias as a heel champ who uses wrestling as a side gig to being in a band. Then demands they pay his entourage or he won't appear. Just a bunch of weirdo hanger on cats, including a French mime who's his version of Paul Heyman. 

So, Elias would be the new Adam Rose? That worked well... ;-)

I wonder if the Musketeer and the rest of those goofs from ECW are still around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, OSJ said:

So, Elias would be the new Adam Rose? That worked well... ;-)

I wonder if the Musketeer and the rest of those goofs from ECW are still around...

I believe he was officially "The Cavalier"

(god why do I remember this.  Forget anniversaries and my account numbers but perfect recollection of the fucking Simon Diamond entourage of 1999 ECW)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

I reallly thought they should have had Elias do the gimmick where he's handing out flyers for fake gigs to people on the way to the ring or pre-show.  When I went to Asbury Park, I thought they should have filmed some sort of bit with him involving the Stone Pony.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

This may be an awful take but if they give Gulak a chance I can see him having a Miz or Ziggler like career in the WWE.  Probably without a world title run but many other titles.  A very good wrestler and extremely entertaining

I have a slightly different take.

Drew is going to be American William Regal. Which is awesome. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Out of curiosity, since they were screaming about it roughly 1000 times yesterday, is this actually the first singles match between Ambrose & Joe?    Even back to the Moxley days?  

Apparently, Joe and Moxley never met during the indy days.  And, really, I can't think of anywhere Moxley worked regularly that would have been booking Joe around the same time.

Per Cagematch, Joe never met Moxley/Ambrose during their indy run or in NXT and has only worked against Ambrose in tag matches.  Apparently, they've been on opposite sides of four/six-man tags about 15 times June, mostly on house shows.  Last night looks to have been the first singles match between them.

FWIW, Meltzer says they've never been in a singles match together.

BTW, Miz/Joe vs. the Shield (Ambrose/Seth) seems like an random match even for a house show.  Wonder if they were giving some thought to putting Miz and Joe together.  I don't even care much for Joe with the Bar, but I like all three and I assume they're trying to give Sheamus' neck a rest.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

BTW, Miz/Joe vs. the Shield (Ambrose/Seth) seems like an random match even for a house show.  Wonder if they were giving some thought to putting Miz and Joe together. 

I was at a house show where they ran that. IIRC, the TV feuds were Miz-Ambrose and Rollins-Wyatt. They must not have wanted Wyatt teaming with Miz? So Joe (who was Lesnar's TV feud) got subbed in and Roman-Wyatt was the main event, which was disappointing as I was hoping for Roman-Joe (and it was the third time I'd seen Roman vs Bray live). They were probably testing the waters on the Rollins/Ambrose reunion more than anything. 

And just an FYI: Miz has been the highlight of any house show I've seen him on over the last few years. That goes back to the start of him as a Hollywood "don't touch the moneymaker" heel. I even got to catch him live during his Mizdow run. The man knows how to get a room going. Those of you who still aren't believers need to see the guy live on a house show. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Taking the Superplex/rolling Falcon Arrow seems a bad way to protect yo neck.

Yeah. that was a dumb spot.  Apparently, they've mostly been hiding Sheamus in multi-man tags so he doesn't have to do a whole lot and doesn't take bumps.  So then he gets in the ring with Seth and.....

The other thing I hated about the spot was Seth was selling a bad leg and he went back to favoring it after the falcon arrow.  So... uh, why did you do the falcon arrow in the first place Seth?  If I had a bad leg, I probably wouldn't try to pick up a 300 pounder, especially after I just gave him a big move.

I like Seth (as a heel, anyway), but he really needs to drop the power stuff.  Also needs to protect his opponents once in a while.  Sheamus is probably just lucky he didn't eat a buckle bomb.