DVDVR Message Board

Rich Swann? Never Heard of Him. - Raw - 12/11/2017

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

People are either going to really love or really despise this Bray/Hardy stuff. There will be no middle ground.

I'm just glad to know there 's a pro wrestler out there who has taken care of his teeth.   Dental hygiene is important.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Roman and Cesaro had a tremendous match against one another on the Raw prior to Survivor Series 2015. They've got pretty great chemistry. 

Cesaro is the modern day Kurt Angle. Teaming with Sheamus was the last step he needed to have every possible part of a main event justification. Now that he can cut promos and work the crowd like s boss, he really needs to be a top guy now.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Cesaro is the modern day Kurt Angle. Teaming with Sheamus was the last step he needed to have every possible part of a main event justification. Now that he can cut promos and work the crowd like s boss, he really needs to be a top guy now.

You're really overstating your case.

Management was motivated to get Angle into that position from day one. He earned it with is performance, but he had a support system Cesaro never has had and never will have.

99% of what they get out of Cesaro promo-wise these days is predicated on his chemistry with the far-superior Sheamus. There's no evidence to suggest that this oral proficiency would be apparent in future singles promos. 

His ability to work a crowd in the ring is phenomenal, but he generally has little support at the opening bell. That counts for a good deal.

Cesaro as a top guy in this company is still a pipe dream. 

Cesaro/Reigns was fucking epic.

The height Braun gets on the chokeslam is insane. Like, he goes up for Kane like a junior.

The Shield vs Joe and The Bar has the potential to steal the show from damn near any combination of guys they throw into matches. I hope they save it for the Rumble and let them tear Philly down.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You're really overstating your case.

Management was motivated to get Angle into that position from day one. He earned it with is performance, but he had a support system Cesaro never has had and never will have.

99% of what they get out of Cesaro promo-wise these days is predicated on his chemistry with the far-superior Sheamus. There's no evidence to suggest that this oral proficiency would be apparent in future singles promos. 

His ability to work a crowd in the ring is phenomenal, but he generally has little support at the opening bell. That counts for a good deal.

Cesaro as a top guy in this company is still a pipe dream. 

Cesaro isn't the modern day Angle, he's the modern day Greg Valentine.  There's value in having Valentines , but they're not WWE main eventers .

To be fair - it is quite easy to imagine Cesaro getting moved to Smackdown with the next Draft/Shakeup (especially if Sheamus is gonna take extended time off) and then once on Smackdown, getting a title run

They have never considered the Smackdown title the #1 title and they frequently put it on people who aren't "top guys" (in their mind)

22 minutes ago, България завинаги said:

I get the feeling he's impressed the right people, but I think he might be shunted into a GM role or something along those lines. If he can find 15-20lbs from somewhere it wouldn't do him any harm.

Wasn't he one of the Cruisers who had to lose weight to qualify?

So loved the Cesaro vs Reigns match. Hated the finish. Not because Reigns won. I knew he would win. It was that Cesaro always lands on his feet after backdrops. Cesaro always does because dude kind of figures that the logical counter to his finsiher is a backdrop. This is the first time I ever seen him not land on his feet. I think they could have worked that detail in Cesaro in the finish as in Cesaro lands on his feet, and Reigns knwoing that Cesaro always lands on his feet, sprints straight to the ropees and spears Cesaro as soon as he turns around. I thought the finish was subpar, but that is nitpicking.

Seth and Sheamus was okay. Seth is always consistent so it's whatever.

They should just drop Finn Balor to the cruiserweights because I would rather him go there then feud with Miz or the Miztourage.

That was a solid Fatal Fourway match. Not as good as last weeks, but solid. Glad Cedric picked up the win. I also like Gulak as well. I am definitely looking forward to the match next week. I want Cedric to pick up the W because he is the face and is just plain better in the ring, but Gulak's character is awesome and what is holding him back is that he is technically a heel and WWE does not do Heel vs Heel match ups.

Speaking of Cruiserweight....Nia is so much better than some wacky romance angle with Enzo.

Ummm. I didn't watch the women's match and fell asleep during Braun and  Kane.