DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

And I'm guessing Adam Lallana won't be playing footie for QUITE a while...

Oh?  What's that?  The EPL needs as many stars as humanly possible and he won't be suspended for literal, NOT figurative, LITERAL attempted murder?  

Cool.  

Gotta revive this thread...

Piqué's may get a 1-3 game ban for telling the Espanyol fans to shut up. Meanwhile teammate Luis Suárez got nothing for doing the same at the Wanda Metropolitano earlier this year. Not surprise though, no one gets more leeway from the corrupt Spanish refs than Suárez...

Also the Copa Libertadores kicked off some weeks ago. The second leg of Nacional from Uruguay vs. Chapeconese is on tomorrow with Nacional up 1-0 on agg.

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Gotta revive this thread...

Piqué's may get a 1-3 game ban for telling the Espanyol fans to shut up. Meanwhile teammate Luis Suárez got nothing for doing the same at the Wanda Metropolitano earlier this year. Not surprise though, no one gets more leeway from the corrupt Spanish refs than Suárez...

Also the Copa Libertadores kicked off some weeks ago. The second leg of Nacional from Uruguay vs. Chapeconese is on tomorrow with Nacional up 1-0 on agg.

Nacional's fans were making airplane gestures during the first leg. Fuck those tools.

• Sad 1

Imagine moving into the London Olympic stadium and your plan for what to do with it is to become the 11th best team in Serie A. Say what you will about Tottenham never getting over the hump (and let's face it, we straight up BLEW IT the year Leicester won by drawing like 5 games we should have won), but Jesus, at least we tried.

Independiente del Valle vs. Banfield was crazy. 2-2 draw with Banfield advancing on agg. due to the away goal rule.

Amazing free kick goal from Jesús Dátolo for Banfield, some great saves from Hamilton Piedra for Independiente del Valle and a late extra time game winner from Mauricio Sperduti.

Great stuff.

VAR hasn't been the hit people were hoping for, although it's still in it's infancy. I don't like the idea of a ref. only being able to stop the game to review VAR a certain amount of times despite the controversial plays/decisions that go on in a game. I also hate the idea that a player is given a yellow card if he petitions the ref. to use VAR.

Much better performance from Southampton Orange today. Southampton Red/White offered nothing but I'll still take a professional away win with a clean sheet to match. 

Good on Rafa. I hope he's able to keep them up and Ashley finally fucks off in the summer to somebody who will give him a few pounds to improve his side.

• Like 2