DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

I miss the late '00s when the Bundesliga was actually fun to watch and completely unpredictable. Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, and then the Dortmund back-to-back sandwiching Bayern league wins was a fascinating time to watch. I don't remember them being this overwhelming in terms of devouring so many top German stars from their competitors back then. It's frustrating and boring.

Goretzka's agent and Schalke have denied the Bayern agreement but I can't imagine it not being a done deal at this stage. 

Barcelona can eat the biggest bag of dicks along with Nike over that advertising stunt a few days back. I hope they get a transfer ban between their players openly talking about Coutinho, tapping up Griezmann, and how they handled and continue to handle the Coutinho negotiations. Fuck Madrid more but Barcelona's management are no angels either. 

Well in Big Virgil. How Holgate didn't receive anything for shoving Firmino into the stands, I do not know. Not a good performance for Liverpool in the final third. Mane's been in poor form for about a month now outside of the worldy against Burnley and now we'll have to figure out life without Coutinho.

I'd shoot Emre Can out of a cannon towards Juventus if I could. Such piss poor mentality and laziness. Thinks he's an all-star but at least the bench in Torino will be warmer than Liverpool's.

Sounds like Coutinho to scumbags is done at £142 and no real contingency plan in place. Cool. 

And I thought the Holgate/Firmino racist claims were cleared up at half time? Sure looks like Bobby called him a crazy son of a bitch in Portuguese but there's that moment where you can't see his mouth. Awesome. 

Sure feels like the season is derailed. 

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Hats off to Coventry for knocking off Stoke.

I'm still mad at them for ruining one of my favorite Monty Python bits by winning the FA Cup in (iirc) 1987.

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Jose gotta Jose.

Conte should probably quit the verbal sparring while he is way behind. Jose went Scott Stevens killing Eric Lindros on him.

Hughes has been sacked now. Bit harsh, no shame in losing to a bigger team...

In fairness, Stoke looked awful today. We could quite easily have been 3-0 up at half time (a shot cleared off the line, then Marc McNulty rounding Butland, only to put the ball wide). Honestly, Coventry bossed that game, and we made a mockery of the 53 league places between us

• Like 1

Jonathan Gonzalez has chosen to play for Mexico instead of the US

Gonzalez had played for the US' youth national teams but no the senior side yet.

And in another example of the US not being able to get out of its own damn way

Ahead of November's friendly in Portugal, U.S. Soccer made a decision to allow him to stay with his club as it entered the Liga MX playoffs, as playing in the game would not have tied him to the U.S. anyway.

But Gonzalez told Soccer America last week that no one in the USSF called him to explain the omission -- something the player reportedly was not happy about.

"I wasn't called in, in November," Gonzalez said. "Personally, nobody came and talked to me and let me know about that friendly. I just wasn't called in."

FA Cup fourth round draw (TBC January 26-29). Potential GIANT KILLINGS in italics.

Liverpool v West Brom
Peterborough v Fleetwood/Leicester
Huddersfield v Birmingham
Notts County v Wolves/Swansea
Yeovil v Manchester United
Carlisle/Sheffield Wednesday v Stevenage/Reading
Cardiff/Mansfield v Manchester City
MK Dons v Coventry
Millwall v Rochdale
Southampton v Watford
Middlesbrough v Brighton/Crystal Palace
Bournemouth/Wigan v Shrewsbury/West Ham