DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

On 3/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, Cristobal said:

I look forward to your impending "José out, Bruce Arena in" campaign.

How can I put this: they could replace Jose with that fucking blithering idiot Steve Sampson and it would be an improvement. 

Guest Edwin
On 3/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, odessasteps said:

Was not expecting 2 goals by Sevilla or a win. 

This. Sevilla have been terrible this season aside from Guido Pizarro who should get a call from Sampaoli for the World Cup.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Barcelona v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern Munich
Juventus v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Manchester City

I got Barça, Bayern, Madrid and City advancing.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, cubbymark said:

Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow 

RB Leipzig vs Marseille 

Atletico Madrid vs Sporting

Lazio vs Salzburg

I got Arsenal, Leipzig, Atleti and Lazio advancing.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:22 PM, Death From Above said:

I kind of want Real Madrid to win just for the hilarity of Zidane winning back to back Champion's Legaues and getting fired in the same year.

Madrid in the Champions League and Madrid in La Liga are 2 entirely different teams this season.

I'm honestly surprised Zizou still has a job, but if he pulls off another Champions League, then he'll get a chance to stick around for a bit longer.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, francescofuoco1998 said:

I have a Juventus' fan.  Real Madrid is hard to beat, however I prefer to challenge them now and not in final.

In the double matches Juve can beat Real, in a single match is very hard, like last year.

Are you one of the guys from IFTV? I swear one of them said this exact same thing on a clip I saw of them on social media.

I honestly think Juve have a slim chance at advancing over Madrid at best. Madrid have underperformed in La Liga, but have been great in the Champions League.

Juve have struggled in Serie A this season a bit, despite being on top of the league table (yes, I know this doesn't make sense, but look at how the league table has developed across the season and you'll see what I mean) and they've struggled to get this far in the Champions League (barely got past Spurs in the last round).

On 3/16/2018 at 4:29 PM, odessasteps said:

I wonder if he would resign to take the PSG job, after winning the CL.

If Ligue 1 wasn't an easy one club race, I'm sure Emery would've been out by now.

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

I just passed a guy wearing a #27 NE Revolution team jacket while walking down Fordham Road in The Bronx. @SirFozzie any idea who that could be?

No idea. I know there's a bunch of folks who go out to games, but probably not a week before hand. Maybe one of the advance scouts for the Revs?

I haven't been out to the Big Razor for several years now, with all the health conditions pretty much keeping me housebound.

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

Are you one of the guys from IFTV? I swear one of them said this exact same thing on a clip I saw of them on social media.

I honestly think Juve have a slim chance at advancing over Madrid at best. Madrid have underperformed in La Liga, but have been great in the Champions League.

Juve have struggled in Serie A this season a bit, despite being on top of the league table (yes, I know this doesn't make sense, but look at how the league table has developed across the season and you'll see what I mean) and they've struggled to get this far in the Champions League (barely got past Spurs in the last round).

No, I'm not from IFTW. I'm only an Italian Juventus fan.

IMO, the possibilities are Real Madrid 65 %, Juventus 35%. With a worse team Juventus eliminated Real in 2015. It's difficult and hard, but if Juve will continue to stay solid, especially in defense, there are possibilities. Juve is better in the double matches than in the singles match, as last year, but also in 2016 when Juventus was eliminated by Bayern, but the match was conditionated by the referee and there were a lot of absences, like Dybala, and 2015. The finals are the curse of Juventus. If we would have found them in the final there would have not been any possibility.

I'm confident, hoping that players will stay healthy (yesterday Chiellini suffered a muscle injury, Bernardeschi and Cuadrado are out and we lost Pjaca  in January). 

Guest Edwin

I agree with Juve being better off facing Madrid in a 2 leg tie instead of a single. Juve's biggest flaw right now is the age of their defense -- i.e.; Chelini, Barzagli and Buffon. They're on their way out, despite being great still, you can see age starting to pick up on them on the pitch.

14 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

No idea. I know there's a bunch of folks who go out to games, but probably not a week before hand. Maybe one of the advance scouts for the Revs?

I haven't been out to the Big Razor for several years now, with all the health conditions pretty much keeping me housebound.

I was thinking it was a former player.