DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

Griezmann is getting a ton of backlash for the blackface photo he tweeted earlier dressed as a Harlem Globetrotter for an 80's party today.

Just now, odessasteps said:

Amazing that none of the MLS teams drew a Liga MX team. 

(Or is that the rules.)

Was essentially the rule. All Liga MX and MLS teams besides Colorado were seeded and couldn't play each other (which is how the Rapids ended up drawn with Toronto).

How is this guy still a starting keeper? 

The defense was so exposed. Henderson isn't an ideal destroyer, as Klopp hasn't played an out and out anchor man since coming to Liverpool (he had both Bender and Kehl at Dortmund), but Hendo is at least competent enough most of the time to act as half-Alonso, half-Mascherano. It's way too much to ask of one player, of course, but without Henderson in there it was a completely unprotected backline. The third goal was an embarrassment when you look at the Liverpool defending six positionally. 

My heart couldn't take that second half. Mane looked out of sorts the entire game; he was just a little out of control with his body and the ball, as well as making some poor decisions. Should've been 3 or 4-0 at half and there were some chances to put it away before and after the Arsenal trio.

City opens up 5-point lead at the top with the win today.  Sorry- that's a 5-WIN lead at the top. 15 freaking points.

Is it wrong that I'm sitting here wondering what we could possibly do to fuck this thing up?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Oyaji said:

£75 million for VVD is ridiculous and he's not a panacea for our defensive woes. He'll hopefully help but we desperately need a shield for the backline just as much as a top of the line CB. 

You tell Virgil he isn't worth that much!

(Virgil of WWE fame is pretending he's VVD and it's completely hysterical.)

• Haha 1

The Red Bulls just released a teaser video regarding their 2018 kit reveal saying "You said we would never do it" which everyone thinks means a Metros throwback. If that is the case than fuck yeah I'm buying one.

11 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Goretzka to Bayern on a free then. Damn it. 

Goretzka is my current love affair... I read earlier he was headed to Liverpool once the January transfer kicked in. 

Liverpool with Klopp makes sense - but they need help on Defense, not offense.

Goretzka to Bayern is just so boring.