DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2018

RIPPA

On 1/9/2018 at 3:47 PM, Pete said:

The shambling corpse of the NASL has announced a move to the international soccer calendar for 2018-19. No word how their fan might be affected by the switch...

Indy Eleven have officially jumped to the USL, and Miami FC are a hot bet to jump as well. That would leave the NASAL with just 5 clubs.

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Liverpool 4. Manchester City 1. My best friend like the brother I never had be very happy.

20 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

This is surreal. Words cannot describe how happy I am and yet ridiculously how nervous I am with Liverpool up 4-1 with less than 20 to go. 

4-3.

"Rock n roll football," sayeth the NBCSN team. What an f'n match.

They sure as hell made everyone sweat that result and went out on their collective shields... and now that pressure is gone. I'll take it under the circumstances.

That is pretty weird/funny.

Unrelated, players need to fuck off with this surrounding the referee nonsense. Should be yellow cards for that and they should actually enforce the card gesture rule with consistency. Has the FA given out any retroactive disciplinary actions for diving yet? Hasn't really done much in the way of phasing out diving.

• Like 2

I think the only person punished retroactively this season has been Niasse.  

And apparently, there is a penalty with VAR implementation coming for players who make a square (tv) motion to the ref, akin to players waving imaginary cards. 

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Nothing Danny Cepero didn't already do back in 2008 (And yes I was at Giants Stadium that day. I remember when it happened I turned to a friend and we were both like "Did that actually just happen???"). To this day he is the only MLS keeper to score a goal in a match.