DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DEC 6 2017 TV SHOW

Kyuubi

Yeah - everyone should go watch Gargano/Ohno

Also since the announced so many upcoming matches I might be able to great threads ahead of time

Next week:

Adam Cole vs. Aleister Black (winner qualifies for the number one contender's fatal four-way match)
Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce

In two weeks:

SAnitY vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish for the NXT Tag Team Championship
Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate for the WWE United Kingdom Championship
Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong (winner qualifies for the number one contender's fatal four-way match)

Gargano/Ohno was good stuff, but Ohno really needs to back off the thigh slaps on EVERY strike. C'mon man.

Riot/Deville was okay, but that finish was meh. If Riot had been choked out with the rope assisting the triangle it would have been cool.

Seven/Dain kinda fell flat for me and the finish almost seemed botched like Trent was supposed to get his foot on the ropes maybe?

Looks like lots of fun stuff in the weeks ahead.

I repeat, the "10!" chants are almost as bad as the "what?" chants (seriously, who were those 2 assholes doing that during Almas' speech?). The "10" chants really takes away from a tried and true wrestling trope, it's like the opposite of the "sweet" chant since its akin to yelling to drown out a promo.

Gargano/Ohno was freakin awesome.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - everyone should go watch Gargano/Ohno

Also since the announced so many upcoming matches I might be able to great threads ahead of time

Next week:

Adam Cole vs. Aleister Black (winner qualifies for the number one contender's fatal four-way match)
Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce

In two weeks:

SAnitY vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish for the NXT Tag Team Championship
Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate for the WWE United Kingdom Championship
Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong (winner qualifies for the number one contender's fatal four-way match)

Bloody Hell. That card in two weeks is a Network special good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turk128 said:

I repeat, the "10!" chants are almost as bad as the "what?" chants (seriously, who were those 2 assholes doing that during Almas' speech?). The "10" chants really takes away from a tried and true wrestling trope, it's like the opposite of the "sweet" chant since its akin to yelling to drown out a promo.

Gargano/Ohno was freakin awesome.

Wait, someone likes the "sweet" chant? I thought we all rightfully despised that shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Wait, someone likes the "sweet" chant? I thought we all rightfully despised that shit.

Or at least don't care one way or another. This is definitely the first time I've heard anyone claim it adds to the show.

9 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Or at least don't care one way or another. This is definitely the first time I've heard anyone claim it adds to the show.

Never said it adds to the show (I'm in the " don't care one way or another"). But at the very least, its at the end of the count and not in place of the count so it doesn't get in the way.

I can't wait for someone s gimmick leading to a "3" chant* with every pin fall count, that'll be fun.

*"5" doesn't count...

The 2 sweet thing is beyond annoying. It is the crowd having a gimmick. You cannot be engaged in a match when you are just waiting to get your catchphrase in. At least "this is awesome" grew out of fans wanting to show actual appreciation before it grew into a lame trope.