DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The 12 Days of Rusev - 12/5/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Hagan said:

Yeah...if the rumors were true it seemed like Rusev was getting the main event slot before PROJECT INDIA went into effect. 

On the bright side, it's clear that Rusev has a pretty big babyface run ahead of him. 

I'm skeptical about both parts of that post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm skeptical about both parts of that post.

Fair. Well, they did start to run the "Rusev coming to confront Shane" angle and then summarily dropped it right around the time they went all in on Mahal. 

As far as the babyface deal, he's already getting over with the Rusev Day stuff and once you turn into a comedy heel it tends to happen. Not that he'll necessarily get a push with it, but I could see him becoming a huge crowd "underground" favorite as we get into Mania season.  

I know the original post was probably being facetious but considering Raymond Rowe had an offer from WWE/NXT before they backed off around the whole ROH tampering thing AND that his fiancee is on the main roster - WWE is aware of War Machine

• Like 1

What the fuck is the point of the Riot Squad other than to fill out the Women's Royal Rumble? These women unlike Absolution were called up way too damn early. They are going to be jobbing by this time next year.

It's a shame that Rusev's potential on a loaded Smackdown roster has been wasted. I wanted to see Rusev vs Shinsuke Nakamura or Rusev vs Kevin Owens again. Regardless, Smackdown this year could be summed up as wasted potential for shitty and repeated storylines. I am glad that Rusev is getting attention because he is truly a treasure who seems to shine regardless of what shit gimmick he is given. He even made Rusev day a thing. The guy commits to any character the WWE gives him and always comes out better for it.

It is hard to root against Sami and Owens because they are right.  Shane has been using his power to make their lives a living hell. Especially since he is actively trying to fire them on a whim. Kevin, arguably deserves it because he did savagely beat Shane's father although given Vince's history, he had that shit coming. And me rooting for Randy Orton is never going to happen, kayfabe or for real. The guy is a boring monotone asshole. The character is a boring monotone asshole. Randy has done worse shit to the McMahon family than Kevin ever could and has never had his job in jeopardy. And quite frankly, you can't get mad at Sami or Owens for interfering in Survival Series talking about brand loyalty because....there is nothing at stake other than a loss of ego. It is never exactly explained why Smackdown needed to win other than they wanted to win. There were no substantial losses. And the New Day acting like Smackdown loyalist in spite of being in the show for months just seems off.

Upset that all we got from AJ was a promo for the match with Jinder, but it was an okay show to say the least. Oh and the Bludgeon Brothers are awesome and I could watch their squash matches for another month.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know the original post was probably being facetious but considering Raymond Rowe had an offer from WWE/NXT before they backed off around the whole ROH tampering thing AND that his fiancee is on the main roster - WWE is aware of War Machine

The WWE might be aware of War Machine, but Vince probably isn't one of them.

34 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

The WWE might be aware of War Machine, but Vince probably isn't one of them.

To be fair Vince is aware of few things outside of WWE due to his general tunnel vision focus on it.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I completely forgot that Taz(zzzzzzz) came out to "War Machine". And so did Sid in the Lord Humungous days! 

Damian Wayne, Mike Booth and Preston Quinn also came out to War Machine when they ran as the Old School Empire.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

This is probably heresy around here but I've never seen a match from any of those guys. 

*runs and hides*

Why does your data cap hate Damian Wayne and Preston Quinn?

See? I knew I'd get shit within five minutes. 

Honestly my "data cap" can be translated as "not getting around to it", so if you have the matches, post 'em. It's the holidays, if I go over I go over

Also, adding those matches to a Rusev thread would be double awesome probably