DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The 12 Days of Rusev - 12/5/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I get physically upset when people say Rusev should go to Japan or some place where 90% of the audience will never see him again because it'll "be good for his career."  Because then we would miss out on this: 

None of us deserve him.

• Like 7

I'm going to be really disappointed if WWE thinks better of it and doesn't turn Bryan heel.  Shane kinda deserves it.

It'd be such a WWE thing for them to finally clear Bryan for the ring, only so he can put over Shane on his way back to the indys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

SDL Presents...   "Have you ever tasted game meat?"  

Yes yes.  Rusev and English are a top 5 WWE act along with Braun and Elias. 

Oddly reminiscent of Foley's first interview on WCW... "Ever eat an owl, Tony?"

I never thought that Randy Orton and Nakamura as a team was something that I wanted to see, but there ya go...

Rusev/Aiden are so great together. I think out of anyone on the roster, Rusev might be the most likely to end up with some sort of mainstream fandom. I don't mean like Austin/Rock. But I could see someone writing for some comedy like The Good Place or a TIna Fey production and seeing what great comedic timing he has and giving him a bunch of fun walk-on roles on a Hulu show. I never thought I would say that about him when he debuted in NXT in a really good sprint against Dolph. I thought he'd be a really great beast evil heel, but he has really become so much more. Fuck him going to Japan because it's "good for his career."

He has a great spot right now -- he can play literally any spot on the card. Need a monster foreign heel to ride a tank and face off against Cena at WrestleMania? Need someone to have a good 8-10 minute match to put over someone like Nak or Bobby Roode when they get called up? Need someone to chew up some minutes in a comedy segment? Or be in a new tag team? Rusev really has that role locked down. He's like a Bulgarian Chris Jericho -- someone who can go on at any part of the card, with anyone, at any time. Having someone who can fill all those spots is just as important as having a main event guy. Sometimes a main event guy will be Steve Austin. Sometimes a main event guy will be flat as all get out. But, no matter what, there are five hours of TV a week to fill. Having a roster filled with people who can eat up big chunks of that time in an entertaining way is so needed. Rusev's the best in that role right now.

Aiden is also REALLY good. He's been this secretly great performer for a while. The Vaudes never got their due in NXT but were so solid. I was worried Aiden was going to have the pay the price for whatever Gotch did, but I'm so glad he stayed. 

Aiden actually went to college in Chicago for acting. He was a theater nerd growing up. It really shows with his commitment to the bit, along with his singing voice, which is straight out of a vocal lesson. He actually called in a handful of times to this comedy podcast I listen to before he was signed to NXT. He just has such a great knack for absurd smugness and tantrums and etc. His theater background and alt.comedy love really shine through. 

A+ tandem.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

As Graves said, you can read it on their obituary tomorrow.

It depends if their obits were submitted to whichever newspapers they'll be in on time; usually the cutoff time is 5 pm. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah, why would Rusev go to Japan?

This isn't like Ziggler or Ryder when they can do one thing well and milk it. Rusev has jumped gimmicks and lost his mouth piece Lana and was thrown into a poor gimmick... and him and English got it over by being awesome. 

Rusev and English are the heirs to The New Day. And I want a Happy Rusev Day t-shirt.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

According to Wrestling Observer, it was Adam James and Josh Carr.

It is best that we don't know. 

My favorite Road Warrior squashes were the ones where they started stomping guys before the bell rang and the ring announcer got a chance to say who the opponents were.

Vince really is trying to book these guys to work like War Machine, though.

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Thanks. Now if we'll only find out who that really tall security guard was...did he seem overly tall or are Owens and Bryan just shorter then I realized?

That was the unfortunately named Eric Watts from Tough Enough 2011.  You can see him on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.  He's listed as 6'6".  He's pretty raw and bumps too much for a big guy. 

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It is best that we don't know. 

My favorite Road Warrior squashes were the ones where they started stomping guys before the bell rang and the ring announcer got a chance to say who the opponents were.

Vince really is trying to book these guys to work like War Machine, though.

Vince thinks War Machine is some kind of truck. He has no clue about Hanson & Rowe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greggulator said:

He has a great spot right now -- he can play literally any spot on the card. Need a monster foreign heel to ride a tank and face off against Cena at WrestleMania? Need someone to have a good 8-10 minute match to put over someone like Nak or Bobby Roode when they get called up? Need someone to chew up some minutes in a comedy segment? Or be in a new tag team? Rusev really has that role locked down.

Need a foreign heel to carry the title for several months while the faces chase him?  Fuck no, give that one to Jinder fuckin Mahal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1