DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FOURTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

There was nothing illegal about either play.  It was a clean block, but Juju got earned the suspension because of the taunt.

I hate to see dudes get injured but Fuck Burfict.  We haven't forgotten the hit on Antonio last year, mother fucker.

That hit in the end zone was a bang bang hard play.  George Iloka was trying to break up that touchdown pass.  I cannot fault the guy for trying to keep the other team from winning.

Juju and George Iloka are taking the hit because Gronk cannot hang by himself.  Crucifixions have to come in threes.

My best friend is a Patriots fan. After the Steelers/Bengals came, I texted him that they must have been upset that Gronk was getting all the attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gronk's shot was getting into Ben Flower territory, and I thought Flower got off lightly with only six months. The caveat is obviously that the RFL is a real (if somewhat poorly run) sports league with a real disciplinary structure and the NFL is a money making engine which occasionally puts on sports entertainment events. I might be getting on towards Hot Take territory myself, but it seems to me that maybe only one game for Gronk coupled with the history of the Bengals D being wankers to Pittsburgh kinda escalated this. That being said, one game for taunting a KO'd player actually seems about the low end of what I'd consider fair. If Smith-Schuster would have laid out a real human being, I'm sure he would have gotten more.

5 hours ago, DangerMark said:

That being said, one game for taunting a KO'd player actually seems about the low end of what I'd consider fair. If Smith-Schuster would have laid out a real human being, I'm sure he would have gotten more.

I think it is both awesome and sad that Burfict's reputation is turning out to be a mitigating factor.  Even dirty hitting sacks of shit deserve justice, right?

Personally, I say Fuck Burfict.

18 hours ago, Infinit said:

@RIPPA who would you like the Giants to hire as HC & GM?

Pants on the Ground

David Shaw

Fine I Guess (aka We Shall See What Happens)

The Field

Will Make Me Violently Ill

Josh McDaniels

Nick Saban

Jon Gruden

JIm Harbaugh

A Ryan

Jim Schwartz

Greg Schiano

Todd Haley

Brian Kelly

Bill Cowher (He probably is on the fringe between here and "Fine I Guess" I am putting him here because I am sure I will regret not immediately hating the decision)

As for GM - I guess as long as its not Matt Millen it is a start. Part of me wants it to be Scot McCloughan as it would cause chaos here in the area. He is an amazing talent evaluator but his demons are always doing push ups in the corner. I am gonna say not Scott Pioli just because I think that would instantly mean Josh McDaniels as HC

• Like 1

If the Mara's have any consideration for my future happy home life, under no circumstances would they hire Jim Harbaugh for the Head Coach job.

My boo will set herself on fire and then I will have to make it look like an accident and make sure my name is on the life insurance policy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DangerMark said:

That being said, one game for taunting a KO'd player actually seems about the low end of what I'd consider fair.

You think people should get suspended for taunting?  It happened, but it is kind of ridiculous.

My biggest problem with either of the suspensions in that Steelers vs. Bengals game is that neither of those hits was dirty, illegal, or outside of what football is at its core.  Those are plays that both guys should be trying to make.  Juju Smith-Shuster made a block that is 100% legal based on the rules on the NFL website.  That is exactly the type of block that should be celebrated.  Was that block any different than a pulling guard, who has 100 lbs. on Smith-Shuster by the way, wiping out a cornerback on a toss sweep?  It is football, you have to be able to block in order to play the game.  The hit on Antonio Brown was a safety trying to prevent a touchdown by knocking the ball loose.  That is his job.  If a safety isn't allowed to hit a receiver in that situation how do you play pass defense?  Football is a violent game, and there is no way to make blocking and tackling less violent.  Smith-Shuster taunted, which was rightfully flagged, but neither player did anything that isn't within the spirit of the game.  The game revolves around blocking and tackling, and these two guys got suspended for blocking and tackling.  That is the peak of stupidity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Supremebve is about to have a conniption...

George Iloka's suspension has been changed to a $35k fine. 

I trust the Trump administration more than the NFL.  At least Trump's shit makes sense when you realize he is a crazy, racist, sexist, corrupt, greedy, rich person who only cares about other crazy, racist, sexist, corrupt, greedy, rich people.  Those are at least core values.  The NFL just punished someone for blocking in a football game.  

• Haha 1

For those interested - this is ESPN's rankings of all the teams (minus the Giants) coach's job security

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x171205/nfl-2017-rating-job-security-every-head-coach

Similar to most other hot seats lists you see but to the person who thinks John Fox will stay, you are in the minority.

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Supremebve is about to have a conniption...

George Iloka's suspension has been changed to a $35k fine. 

No, I will have a conniption if Juju's suspension goes down this Sunday when the Steelers play the Ravens with Shazir on the shelf for God knows how long..

There are probably some people in Boston setting shit on fire right now, too.

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Chiefs have suspends Marcus Peters for a game because of his actions during last week's game.  

You are really trying to get me banned aren't you?  

Marcus Peters is a crazy person, and him throwing that flag into the crowd, thinking he got thrown out, and coming back with no socks on after he realized he didn't get thrown out, is the funniest thing I've seen in sports this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

You are really trying to get me banned aren't you?  

Marcus Peters is a crazy person, and him throwing that flag into the crowd, thinking he got thrown out, and coming back with no socks on after he realized he didn't get thrown out, is the funniest thing I've seen in sports this year.

Note the team did it, not the NFL

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

They gotta give him a Shea Moisture lotion sponsorship after he came out with the rough looking legs. He clearly didn't think that one through. You can't be on HD television with your ankles looking like a Bosnian bomb shelter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The entire end of that Cheifs/Jets game is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football. I honestly think it beats the WFC's blown trick play from years ago. The entire thing lasted forever and it just kept getting worse and worse for the Chiefs. So much happened during the end of that drive that I can't even remember it all now.

And then Peters throws a flag to the crowd, walks out, gives away his gloves, and comes back out barefoot.

I'm laughing as I type this.

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The entire end of that Cheifs/Jets game is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football. I honestly think it beats the WFC's blown trick play from years ago.

That fake field goal was the result of the team giving him a job he wasn't ready for, and then punishing him for their mistake.  They started slowly taking away his responsibilities like giving offensive play calling duties to a dude who was calling bingo games.  Therefore, the only plays he was allowed to call were special teams plays.  Jim Zorn took it upon himself to exert his authority by calling the same fake field goal twice in a row when he knew the other team diagnosed it.  He was fed up with their shit and that was his middle finger to the owner's box.  That is one of my favorite moments in NFL history.  Zorn deserved better, but was put in an impossible situation.  

Dan Patrick went on his radio show today and claimed that all of Kirk Cousins receivers hate him (meaning Cousins). And he had INSIDE~! sources

Of course he also called him Kurt the entire time.

Yeah - that went over well in this area

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Dan Patrick went on his radio show today and claimed that all of Kirk Cousins receivers hate him (meaning Cousins). And he had INSIDE~! sources

Of course he also called him Kurt the entire time.

Yeah - that went over well in this area

Hmm.  I could see Pryor hating him...although at this point Pryor probably hates the entire team.

I would say that at least Reed, Vernon Davis and Crowder like him.

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Hmm.  I could see Pryor hating him...although at this point Pryor probably hates the entire team.

I would say that at least Reed, Vernon Davis and Crowder like him.

If you haven't noticed, this is how the team handles business.  No matter who has left, somehow someway we hear about the entire team hating him.  RGIII, whatever the GM's name was, Kirk Cousins...it never fails.