DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK FOURTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

For those who missed it in the Week 13 thread:

• The Giants have cleared house and both their GM and Coach have been thrown into the East River.
  • The Giants then named Eli the starter again and will pretend last week never happened.
  • Gronk Bad. Gronk get 1 game suspension. Gronk appeal. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This "mythical" list is like 50 names long if you compile all the idle speculation so far but yes lets get outraged now

So what I am saying is... Fuck Drew Magary

Even though he is a Vikings fan, this is exactly the right answer.

BTW, I love that announcers and teams are just pretending that McDaniels as a HC wasn't a complete and total shitshow the first time around and now some team is going to beat that drum again.

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I love that announcers and teams are just pretending that McDaniels as a HC wasn't a complete and total shitshow the first time around and now some team is going to beat that drum again.

The sports talk radio argument I have heard (aka the Hot Take take) is that McDaniels has been learning under Belichick again and he failed the first time JUST LIKE BELICHICK so clearly his 2nd time around will make him the greatest head coach ever.

Oh and he can handle being screamed at by his star player

I swear to God I am not making any of that up.

• Haha 2

That is fucking rich.

He'll fail again. We'll all laugh again when he makes a big deal about going 8-8.

Hey, real quick, name someone that learned under Belichick that didn't turn out to be a piece of shit. McDaniels? Weis? BOB? Mangini? Crennel? 

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No one is going to feel sad for either team

I would say something mean, but you are home sick and the Giants are like two and fifty five.  You've suffered enough this year.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Hey, real quick, name someone that learned under Belichick that didn't turn out to be a piece of shit. McDaniels? Weis? BOB? Mangini? Crennel? 

Nick Saban

Kirk Ferentz

Al Groh

But those are probably not the answers you were looking for

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Pittsburgh WR JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cincinnati DB George Iloka have been given a 1 game suspension for their illegal hits during last night's game. 

So, Juju Smith Schuster throwing a totally legal block is a suspendable offense?  Seriously, they are punishing the result instead of the action with that one.  He blocked a linebacker who was running after a ball carrier.  Burfict was not defenseless, he wasn't clipped, he just got laid out, that isn't illegal.  If Burfict got up and ran back to the huddle, no one would dream about calling that a penalty, let alone suspending him.  It was a really hard hit that resulted in an injury, but there was nothing illegal about that block.  

• Like 1

Also

Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster picked up two personal foul penalties seconds apart on Monday night, first for an illegal peel back block on Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, and then for taunting Burfict. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says the latter bothered him more than the former.

Tomlin said today that Smith-Schuster is a good young man who wasn’t trying to hurt anyone with the hit, but he needs to be more mature than to pick up a taunting penalty.

“His actions after the hit are more disturbing than the hit itself,” Tomlin said. “Often plays like that are teachable moments and when you look at it you talk about ways you can be safer and so forth. He’s a better sportsman than he displayed after the block. He’s got to work hard so that people understand what type of man he is from a sportsmanship standpoint.”

The NFL may suspend Smith-Schuster and will certainly fine him — for both the hit and the taunting.

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Pittsburgh WR JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cincinnati DB George Iloka have been given a 1 game suspension for their illegal hits during last night's game. 

There was nothing illegal about either play.  It was a clean block, but Juju got earned the suspension because of the taunt.

I hate to see dudes get injured but Fuck Burfict.  We haven't forgotten the hit on Antonio last year, mother fucker.

That hit in the end zone was a bang bang hard play.  George Iloka was trying to break up that touchdown pass.  I cannot fault the guy for trying to keep the other team from winning.

Juju and George Iloka are taking the hit because Gronk cannot hang by himself.  Crucifixions have to come in threes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster picked up two personal foul penalties seconds apart on Monday night, first for an illegal peel back block on Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, and then for taunting Burfict. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says the latter bothered him more than the former.

That was not an illegal peel back block.  In order for that block to be illegal, he'd have to hit him below the waist or in his side and/or back.  That block was dead in his chest, which is absolutely legal.  

Here is the rule.  https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-peel-back-block/