DVDVR Message Board

Funniest wrestling name you have heard?

gatbak85

On 12/20/2017 at 9:57 PM, BL88 said:

This is more just an absurd one than the jokey gimmicks, but back in the days where hella kids in Japan were ALL CAPS something, I always found Daio QUALLT to be fukin funny, just because what the hell is a quallt and why do you have to be one so hard

Which reminds me of Naoki Tanizaki in Dragon Gate. I'm sorry, I meant "Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin." 

I will add:

Izzy Slapowitz - big plusses for thee usage of the Abby goggle-eyed stare in photos

The Great Scott - old timer, mover & shaker into the modern era, for some reason the idea of this name being announced in a straight faced manner always cracked me up

Jack Knife - execrable Midwest indy worker of the early 2ks, Cactus Jack manque. Now I was proud of ripping off several of CJ's moves myself (and told him so when I met him, receiving his head-shaking blessing of pity) but this imitation was beyond the pale. However, my pals and I delighted in saying "Jack --- KNIFE - get it?!?!?!?!" repeatedly whenever we saw or heard his name, including to his face. It still makes me smile. It sucked to work him, like most Midwest yarders do...

- RAF

On 12/15/2017 at 12:26 PM, Go2Sleep said:

Fat Fuck Barrel Boy for sure.

I always got a laugh out of Hugh G. Rection too, just because of Demott's promo where he said he was going to start going by his real name.

I loved the ICP explaining FFBB's name during their ppv. "He's fat, he's a fuck and he wears a barrel. What more do you want?"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I loved the ICP explaining FFBB's name during their ppv. "He's fat, he's a fuck and he wears a barrel. What more do you want?"

He's not even wearing a barrel. That's a Rubbermaid garbage can. He really should be Fat Fuck Garbage Can Man or Fat Fuck Trash Man.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dammit, quit talking about ICP. You're making me want to go dig out my Stranglemania 2 VHS (bought for one whole dollar) to see them rewind Combat Toyota getting dumped on her head thirty times in a row. 

The Masked Cabana and Fortified Hooligan was an epic lucha classic.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Great ML said:

The Masked Cabana and Fortified Hooligan was an epic lucha classic.

Good lord I forgot they actually did commentary on that. The first time I saw it was actually on Reel Wild Cinema with Sandra Bernhardt on the USA Network

EDIT: Here it is for anybody who is baffled at what we're talking about (thankfully sans ICP). Merry Xmas!

On 12/23/2017 at 4:39 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Dammit, quit talking about ICP. You're making me want to go dig out my Stranglemania 2 VHS (bought for one whole dollar) to see them rewind Combat Toyota getting dumped on her head thirty times in a row. 

Just googling Stranglemania 2 gives that clip as the first result.

'Lemme tell you something. When you get powerbombed your knees aren't supposed to fucking touch the ground.'

On 12/21/2017 at 10:51 PM, clintthecrippler said:

I have said it before in other threads, but kayfabe died for me when I found out Manaukea Mossman was just some dude, and NOT a guy doing a Moss Man gimmick.

...and he wasn't even a Big Moss Man

• Haha 1