DVDVR Message Board

Funniest wrestling name you have heard?

gatbak85

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There was a guy that worked a Ricky Morton's cousin gimmick in the Carolina Indies that did it so well that people actually believed it was true.

God, that dude sold hope spots so well that it would make you weep.

Sounds like Kid Kash, AKA David Tyler Morton Jericho.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There was a guy that worked a Ricky Morton's cousin gimmick in the Carolina Indies that did it so well that people actually believed it was true.

"Fake Ricky Morton cousin gimmick" is the "cellar door" of pro wrestling phrases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

She just did AWS this past weekend.

Not anywhere near me, but that shoots down my "never booked in CA" idea. I'll have to keep my eye on their shows, if they book her again maybe I'll come down.  They still run once a month?

Thanks for the heads up.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I don't know if Kid Kash work as Morton's cousin when they teamed on the indies, but he did work as David Tyler Morton Jericho.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know if Kid Kash work as Morton's cousin when they teamed on the indies, but he did work as David Tyler Morton Jericho.

Better to be Ricky's fake cousin than Robert's actual nephew, probably

Along the lines of the Macho Warrior, I remember that short-lived wrestling show on Fox around late 90s-early 2000s had a scrawny "Scott Nash" wearing what looked like ill-fitting Kevin Nash merch.

What was that fed? I think Stan Lane was the commissioner, and they brought Fred Ottman in as a surprise but then ran a spot where he was too fat to get out of his car...

6 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Along the lines of the Macho Warrior, I remember that short-lived wrestling show on Fox around late 90s-early 2000s had a scrawny "Scott Nash" wearing what looked like ill-fitting Kevin Nash merch.

What was that fed? I think Stan Lane was the commissioner, and they brought Fred Ottman in as a surprise but then ran a spot where he was too fat to get out of his car...

WXO

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Todd Morton/Michael Todd Stratton?

I remember him doing jobs in WCW definitely trying to ape the R&R Express look and even trying to get the crowd to chant "rock and roll" when he was trying to rally the Worldwide crowd.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think The Tulip has been mentioned on Jericho's podcast on one of the occasions Don Callis has been on and they were discussing indies around Winnipeg.

The Tulip was all kinds of great. Definitely one of the most memorable characters in Winnipeg.

• Like 2

Some time ago, I recall seeing a wrestler named "Jesse the Latin Freebird" in results for Puerto Rico's WWC.

Don't know what he looks like, but I'm imagining he's Michael Hayes' non-union Puerto Rican equivalent, coming down to the ring singing "Badstreet USA" in Spanish.