DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega (12/9/2017) - Fresno, CA (Save Mart Center)

Elsalvajeloco

That's fair. I'd be interested in him fighting Max. Cub was the better striker, but Ortega is big, tough, smart, good enough standing, and a top level BJJ expert. I could definitely see him choking out Max but I wouldn't bet on it. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:51 PM, Oyaji said:

Bish be lookin' like Elephant Man.

Yeah, that hematoma was no joke  I couldn't finish my nachos after seeing that shit.

Ortega's jiujutsu transitions are like fucking water.  Dude is legit scary.

I was not high on Moraes for the bullshit that went down during his fight in Norfolk but Holy Fuck, that was a really impressive performance.

Seemed like Jason Knight's entire strategy was "Well, I'm ranked and he's not, so obviously I'm better at everything, so I'll win easily and don't have to try!". AKA the Benson Henderson in Bellator strategy. Doesn't work for him either.

To be honest, that's just Benson's fighting style at this point. He has had several similar type performances during his UFC LW title reign and after that.

As for Knight, to me, it looked like he was either injured or overtrained. Moreover, I don't think he was ready to fight someone who was as unorthodox as him. Felder called it when Knight was out there shooting for takedowns. He was totally thrown off. Gabriel Benitez was employing Jason Knight's strategy better than he did. Coming off the Lamas loss, he was clearly trying to force the issue by making it into this wild brawl so he can get this quick impressive finish. However, Benitez had a clean counter for everything and Knight had nothing in response.