DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVII

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming this means we are gonna get a lot more "the best in ring technician ever" horseshit like we got last night

Nothing in Dolph's arsenal leads up to the Zig Zag so yes, that claim would be horseshit.

Thoughts. 

Mojo has to clean up this chinlock if that's his go to wear down hold. Waaaaaay too much room. Zack was keeping his head in place at one point.  Ryder did some good work.

I loved the finish the US title match. Before the match started my son Jareth said: "I'm rooting for Corbin or Roode. I feel bad for Ziggler - he never gets anything."

Tag match was a mess for the first half. Too many people in the ring and some of the little spots like Aiden/Gable trying to out do eachother in a weardown hold didn't come off. I love the Usos. I love Rusev. I love Gable German Suplexes, so the last half was great.

Only caught the last half of the women's match but the whole lumberjack was terrible.

The Career Match was just a mess in the first half. My personal highlight was Daniel Bryan entering the ring and then automatically going into a shuffle strep like he was about to fight. Then he remembered that he was retired and laughed at himself and quit. The first half storytelling was rough, but the finish with Shane stopping the count on the rollup, and Daniel realizing this match was an unfair settup and taking the heat with the fast count was great.

I love they're drawing this out, but it's going to be rough if it doesn't end with Daniel Bryan kicking someone. The crowd almost lost it when he shoved Shane.

That was the best Jinder Mahal and he totally brought it. AJ made everything he did look amazing, but Jinder looked like a guy trying to earn the title back with the front office and he may have succeeded. The only problem is that I can't imagine many other faces on the roster that can wrestle that match with him and make people care. Definitely the first time he wrestled like a main event guy. Loved all of his cuttoffs, and his little chop off the second rope could get some really good heat if he can work the audience better before he delivers it.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

#On the twelfth day of Rusev, my partner gave to me,

Twelve months of Rusev,

Eleven Russian medals,

Ten Lanas leaping,

Nine-second winning,

Eight Aiden songs,

Seven boards a’ breaking,

Six Machka kicks,

Five Plovdiv kicks,

Four of the lads,

Three hindered Jinders,

Two Rusev shirts,

And a tag team victory!!!

Rusev was given the Key to his hometown of Plovdiv, so it was 5 Plovdiv Keys

• Like 3

So my theory on Dolph winning is they want to put the strap on Roode at Mania and they have bigger plans set in stone for the WWE, Women's and Tag Titles so they had to switch the US Title since no other titles were changing hands and not put the US title on Roode. So either Dolph will get a few months reign with the belt or Corbin will kill him tomorrow and retake his title.

That women's match was a stinker but everything else pretty good. Loved Rusev going full Chong Li when people were chanting for him.

Really hope Chad Gable gets a significant push soon cause he's awesome and needs some momentum. I like Shelton Benjamin and all but that team isn't gelling that well and Gable looked great in his brief singles foray. I'd wager he could get a fun program out of Dolph and he'd be a perfect US Champ. Believable but young (and, let's face it, small) enough that he could conceivably lose to anyone.

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I thought it was three unhindered Jinders.

2 hours ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Rusev was given the Key to his hometown of Plovdiv, so it was 5 Plovdiv Keys

Yes to both of these corrections, at least to my ears. I really need to know what the thirteenth day we going to be.

Rusev's face on ten leaping Lanas was amazing. Beyond elated.

• Like 1

Was watching highlights of this and laughed really hard at Bryan telling the guy to get him a ref shirt that fit and then Shane walks in with the tightest ref shirt this side of his father's and goes "Mine fits just fine" and I was DYING for Bryan to go "Uh, no it doesn't."  Alas...

• Haha 1

Chad Gable should have been Kurt Angle's son. I mean you could just see him being all "I'm a Gable and an Angle....I'm a Gangle".

The career match was so dumb with both ref's being in the ring at the same time. When that happened, I thought they might rip off the ending to Flair/Kerry in the cage since one of the referee's had to be Michael Hayes in this set up. I think the arena would have gone crazy if Bryan turned full heel and out right helped Sami and Kevin win. But now we got this ambiguous thing that's gonna go on for a while. If it sets up a match with Bryan and Shane...great. If this ends up being like how Mick Foley left his gm job, it's gonna be really lame (yes I know he needed surgery, but I mean how he was let go story wise).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

This is my first time watching the Bludgeon Brorthers gimmick and the whole time I thought of this

giphy.gif

Thankfully, that's not what I think of when I see the Bludgeon Brothers. If I'm ever thinking about raver kids, I give anybody on this board to permission to jam a screwdriver into the side of my head.

Strange to see Styles actually living up to his hype, but that was a damn fine match with Jinder. That's two PPVs in a row of pulling good matches from opponents who aren't really known for good matches at this point. Dude's on a roll.

Aimlessly walking around the ring, occasionally applying restholds and having the most interesting part of your match be when your undersized lackeys get thrown around by your opponent  shows that you really want the title? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Aimlessly walking around the ring, occasionally applying restholds and having the most interesting part of your match be when your undersized lackeys get thrown around by your opponent  shows that you really want the title? 

For Jinder, that's called improvement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I could watch Chad Gable chaos theory motherfuckers all day long.

AJ/Jinder was Jinder's best match ever. AJ is having an all time WWE great run and he's only been in the company two years. It's nice to have a champion that the majority of fans want to be champion for once. 

I'm looking forward to AJ Styles' WWE profile DVD box set. What a body of work there and in his entire career.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is it really?  He's the best in the world. 

I'd go for Kazuchika Okada and then AJ Styles. Styles gets bonus marks for getting THAT match out of this Brock Lesnar and having to work with Jinder Mahal.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't think the Dolph character could get more grating but here we are.

I am assuming this means we are gonna get a lot more "the best in ring technician ever" horseshit like we got last night

I unironically love Dolph Ziggler.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

I'm a Jinder fan, but that was sleep inducing. Dude works best as heel who gets beat up and flukes a win, not guy who beats face up for 3/4 the match. 

Goddamn it, pal! You’ll like what I tell you to like! /Vince

• Like 2
  • Haha 1