DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVII

Dolfan in NYC

A few more matches got announced over the weekend, so... a thread for the last PPV of the year: 

For the WWE Championship:  AJ Styles (c) vs. Jinder Mahal

For the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Natalya

Triple Threat for the WWE United States Championship: Baron Corbin (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. ugh, Dolph Ziggler

Triple Threat for the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. Shelton Benjamin/Chad Gable

Not announced, probable:

Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton

Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Ruby Riott vs. Naomi

They said Naomi had “a cervical strain, a right-sided shoulder separation and a few facial contusions" so the are giving her time off so I doubt she will be on the PPV

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They said Naomi had “a cervical strain, a right-sided shoulder separation and a few facial contusions" so the are giving her time off so I doubt she will be on the PPV

Wait, does that leave zero active faces on the Smackdown roster outside of Charlotte? 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wait, does that leave zero active faces on the Smackdown roster outside of Charlotte? 

Correct

I mean Carmella could emerge from where ever she has been hiding as a face but at the moment its only Charlotte

25 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

For a guy who can barely string together two sentences, Shawn Michaels has been acting quite a bit recently. He was in two movies in 2017.

You'd think his resting :blink: face can't help either, but here we are.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Correct

I mean Carmella could emerge from where ever she has been hiding as a face but at the moment its only Charlotte

I mean, I'm next to positive this title match is ending with The Riott Squad beating the piss out of both Charlotte & Nattie, and Carmela cashing in. 

Ziggler in the US title match is disappointing. Hopefully its just so they can avoid Roode getting pinned.

Tag Titles match should be fun.

Somewhat surprised Nattie is getting another title shot. Unless they are adding a stip it seems like a foregone conclusion it ends the same way Charlotte and Nattie's last match did.

Dolph being in the match to eat the pin is all well and good, but I think Roode should go over. I'd rather Roode go over on the main show of Clash of Champions, than going over on the Kickoff show of the Royal Rumble in front of a half empty arena (make attendance joke here) that is most likely gonna happen.  

I also kind of want to see Roode surpass Lex Luger's 523 day record as Champ, it's time to break the record fuck it. Have him defend the title all the time, don't do the Dean Ambrose where he never defends the championship but have Bobby Roode as the unstoppable champion for a year and a half and have him drop the Championship at Money in the Bank in June of '19 to some NXT come up and start pushing that guy to the moon.

20 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Don't you joke at Zayn bs Nakamura. That shit could kickstart Nak's career. 

The speculation is that it is either gonna be singles matches or KO/Sami vs. Orton/Nak since at a minimum Orton and KO are still doing stuff and Nakamura has no dance partner at the moment

I loved the little backstage promo seg last week with Roode and Corbin, where Corbin just said no to Roode wanting a title shot. I think there's good potential in their feud. Throwing Ziggler in is definitely random but I would imagine for sure just to take the fall and prolong Corbin/Roode in singles.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Am I happy that I skipped getting tickets to this event?  Yes.  Cold as fuck,  possible snow and a terrible looking card. 

To be fair, this can describe every December weekend in Connecticut. 

Also, just announced:

Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura, w/ Special Guest Referee Shane McMahon (if Zayn/Owens lose, they are fired from WWE)