DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NCAAF: GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Someone on Reddit crunched the numbers and determined that Florida State shouldn't be bowl-eligible because Delaware State (one of their cupcakes) didn't meet the required scholarship percentage. I predict this will change exactly nothing, but it's still fascinating.

It sucks for the three bowl eligible schools that didn't get selected.

I have a question: if you play for a team that isn't going to a major bowl wouldn't you demand to go to the Bahamas Bowl? Seriously, where would you rather go: Mobile, Boisie or the freaking Bahamas?

• Like 1

Actually Rosen said he was still in the concussion protocol and was hoping he would be cleared to play

Of course there are already reports that Rosen doesn’t want to play for the Browns and only the Giants. I already want to vomit

So far this bowl season has been about 50/50 if you are QB ready to be drafted in the first round.  Sam Darnold looked really bad against a fired up Ohio State team and is now considering staying which is probably a good move.  Hard to tell if Rosen's issue with concussions is going to be a factor in draft status as he didn't even play.  Lamar Jackson has really looked awful against Miss State.  Although it baffles me why he is considered a top 10 guy to begin with.   We will see about Mayfield although he "apparently" has been sick as a dog and has missed most of the off field BCS stuff

So far only person who has benefited from the bowls is Mason Rudolph (although still probably a 3rd rounder) and Josh Allen who looked great.

Darnold's whole season has been a good argument to play one more year. Massive let down from last year.

Jackson feels like he's too athletic and talented to not have some role in the NFL, but I'm not sure starting QB is it. I miss Bill Cowher's Steelers drafting those kind of guys and always having a nice selection of gadget plays for them.

Meanwhile the Big Ten that most people thought was a weak conference is 6-0.  Although I don't know if that will continue with Wisconsin

Mark Richt losing his shit never gets old.   The bullshit is that I believe a Kentucky running back got kicked out a couple days ago because he didn't want the ref to help him up after getting hit but pushing around coaches is  fine I guess. 

Miami defense is getting torched surprisingly 

20 hours ago, hammerva said:

Mark Richt losing his shit never gets old.   The bullshit is that I believe a Kentucky running back got kicked out a couple days ago because he didn't want the ref to help him up after getting hit but pushing around coaches is  fine I guess. 

This is age-ism and class-ism at its finest. The referees see players as young punks to be controlled and that had better not step out of line. Coaches, however, are the same age (or older) so they're seen as peers and given the benefit of the doubt. Even when the rulebook says there's no benefit to be given. 

10 minutes ago, EVA said:

Harbaugh better pay off whoever he needs to to get Shea Patterson eligible next season.  And then pray he can fit him into a pro style offense.

You ain't wrong. Peters was a disaster today.

It was obvious watching them that UCF has as much speed on both sides of the ball as Auburn did.  Plus,  Milton is a much better QB.  He's elusive and can throw accurately on the run.  Griffin was everywhere. Feel good for him.  

Auburn was trying their hardest.  Gus was a madman all afternoon.  UCF was just better today and yes deserved to be in the playoff.  They are obviously legit as fuck.