DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DECEMBER 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Besides the squashes at the beginning, I don't think anyone has come out looking bad vs Aleister Black. He sells at the proper spots for everyone (even those who people think he shouldn't sell for).

In the long run, it makes him a hell lot more versatile booking-wise.

Per Meltzer - the plan right now is to do a 5th Takeover show Money in the Bank weekend in Chicago.

Date of the show would be June 16, 2018

This is the same model they followed this year (including the 5th show taking place in Chicago)

NXT Money in the Bank could be incredible. Give the case to a guy like Dream or Birch and it could really be used to elevate someone. Also with people appearing less frequently on screen it would make a possible live event cash in a reality.

NXT have had titles change hands on the road so a MITB cash in can be legitimately teased all the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

NXT Money in the Bank could be incredible. Give the case to a guy like Dream or Birch and it could really be used to elevate someone. Also with people appearing less frequently on screen it would make a possible live event cash in a reality.

NXT have had titles change hands on the road so a MITB cash in can be legitimately teased all the time.

Dream cashing in by appearing behind someone as they entered the ring would be the best thing ever.

Just end the show after the cash in and have a "we're out of time" blurb from Nigel.

No thread up for last night's TV, but godDAMN, Montez Ford damn near jumped through the roof on that Frog Splash.  He also manages to crack me up at least once almost every time he's on screen. Dude's a true goof. 

That four way was really, really good. Right guy won, but I DID NOT see that ending coming. Awesome stuff. 

That frog splash would have made Art Barr say "Goddamn!" 

Loved the four way.  I knew who won, but had no idea how it happened, which made the finish that much more dramatic since I assumed someone else was taking the pin.  I think Killian's career would have been made if he had six more inches on his leap.  That was an amazing table spot though.  

20 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

That frog splash would have made Art Barr say "Goddamn!" 

Loved the four way.  I knew who won, but had no idea how it happened, which made the finish that much more dramatic since I assumed someone else was taking the pin.  I think Killian's career would have been made if he had six more inches on his leap.  That was an amazing table spot though.  

Everyone came out looking great in the 4 way.

Montez Ford has the best frog splash.

I’m curious to see how they’ll handle Dain. They’re obviously high on him given he was in the Andre Battle Royal, has already been in two #1 contender matches, and was booked to shine in War Games, yet most of the time he’s just another guy in a stable.

I'm slightly sceptical about Sanity getting called up as-is. Eric Young may have a few years left in him (as he likes to point out, much of his TNA run was spent doing low-impact comedy schtick), but I think he's in the player-coach spot really. Alexander Wolfe's fine an' all, but I don't really see a place for him on the main shows - outside of some dumb 'European Union' gimmick with Cesaro or something.

Obviously Dain is potentially different. If anything, I could see them pairing him with a heel Balor given that they don't seem particularly high on Finn right now.

4 hours ago, Cristobal said:

So much of Watson's charisma when he was a wrestler was physical. I dunno why they ever thought commentary was something he'd be good at.

Rule of Graves.

I mean I wouldn't have thought Graves would've turned into a solid commentator either. 

4 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Rule of Graves.

I mean I wouldn't have thought Graves would've turned into a solid commentator either. 

Sterling James Keenan was a pretty good talker on the indies, so I don't think Corey Graves: best announcer in present WWE is that big of a stretch.