DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD

I was there for the McMahons match and it was rather awkward to watch.  But we did get a great Cena/Angle match where more than half the crowd was for Cena.  First time I remember him getting that much love but damn was that great to see live.

I'll never forget Steph having to sheepishly promote that match on Jimmy Kimmel, being totally embarrassed and basically apologetically explaining that it's a work. Kimmel wasn't understanding what she was trying to say, and asked Quentin Tarantino (there promoting Kill Bill)  for help. QT then started talking about comic book multiverses. It was a really great shitshow. 

• Haha 1

Just now, (BP) said:

I'll never forget Steph having to sheepishly promote that match on Jimmy Kimmel, being totally embarrassed and basically apologetically explaining that it's a work. Kimmel wasn't understanding what she was trying to say, and asked Quentin Tarantino (there promoting Kill Bill)  for help. QT then started talking about comic book multiverses. It was a really great shitshow. 

As if Kimmel was not a wrestling fan. 

Just now, odessasteps said:

As if Kimmel was not a wrestling fan. 

She hadn't refined her corporate responses to things like that, so she was saying things like, "There's real life, and then there's real life." He may have also been intentionally obtuse because he didn't think that she was trying to promote it as a work.

16 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was there for the McMahons match and it was rather awkward to watch.  But we did get a great Cena/Angle match where more than half the crowd was for Cena.  First time I remember him getting that much love but damn was that great to see live.

I was there, too.  It was the height of "Cena as cool heel" and one of the first times I heard dueling chants.  It was a really fun, novel thing then.

16 hours ago, (BP) said:

I'll never forget Steph having to sheepishly promote that match on Jimmy Kimmel, being totally embarrassed and basically apologetically explaining that it's a work. Kimmel wasn't understanding what she was trying to say...

Kimmel was protecting the business!

• Like 1