DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yeah, and that'd be far away from my television. I can choose not to watch Booker T in TNA - I can't choose to not listen to his commentary every Monday night on RAW. Booker (and all of the other names like Nash, Sting, Angle, etc.) were paid on time. He said it himself on a podcast - he didn't work for his money when he was in TNA, because it was like a vacation. He rode the theme park rides more than he actually put thought into what he was doing there.

Booker T has been boring as fuck since 2004.

Does your remote not have an "off" or "mute" button?

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

How was the RISE show? And yes Kris is pretty short. Really most of the Stardom women are.

Sadly, I didn't make it to RISE, so no Bull Nakano. She main evented AWS the next day. 

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Or else he can get that New Jack swagger.

OK new booking idea. Jinder beats HHH in India, loses to AJ at the Clash then the following Smackdown during a random match, "Natural Born Killers" starts to play and Jinder arrives with a dumpster full of weapons, destroys everyone in the ring and leaves with no explanation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

OK new booking idea. Jinder beats HHH in India, loses to AJ at the Clash then the following Smackdown during a random match, "Natural Born Killers" starts to play and Jinder arrives with a dumpster full of weapons, destroys everyone in the ring and leaves with no explanation.

New Jinder? Imagine the wacky 8 man tags when we teams with New Day!

1 hour ago, GodzillaPerez said:

As long as New Jack is with him, and Jinder does none of the talking. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I enjoy Booker's weird commentary.

It's incredible.  It's also the least "corporate" commentary we're ever likely to get on WWE TV.  Cole, Phillips, Saxton, previous guys like Otunga and JBL, even Graves tend to tow the company line and re-emphasize points WWE wants to get across ("Just want to have fun", "Roman Reigns is unstoppable" etc. etc.) whereas Booker T just talks about whatever he wants, dislikes/likes whoever he wants (See his ongoing vendetta against Jason Jordan, or the way he roots for Nia Jax against EVERYONE, regardless of face/heel dynamics) goes off on tangents.  It's the best Dusty commentary since Dusty.  And if you hated Dusty's commentary, you hate pro wrestling.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Then isn't Jinder a good heel by that logic?

I mean he's getting people who don't like HHH to side with HHH. Whether you rate Jinder or not, his very nature angers you so much you're cheering on a guy who's otherwise a heel on TV.

Well, I'm not on that particular bandwagon yet... For me, there are two kinds of heat: First we have the classic heel heat as exemplified by Tully Blanchard,  (is there any red-blooded wrestling fan that DIDN'T want to punch Blanchard right in the mouth?) Rowdy Roddy Piper, as soon as he got done cutting a promo, you raced to the box office to get a ticket for next week's show because you wanted to see  him get his ass kicked. Arn & Ole, yeah they were great, we knew and they never stopped reminding us, we prayed for Hawk and Animal  to get ten minutes with them. preferably locked in a cage.

Then we have what for lack of another term, we'll call B & B heat (after Beavis & Butthead, with their great catch-phrase, "Change it, change it; this sucks.) Examples of this, or what we in the book reviewing call "the eight deadly words" = I don't care what happens to these people!" Dolph certainly has achieved this dubious distinction, back in WCW days you had this lumbering oaf that couldn't work a lick, Ron Reis or Rice, something like that.

To me, on the current roster, Jinder and Enzo have both become instant channel changers for me. It's not that Jinder is a completely inept promo, he's not, he just isn't very interesting; he's pretty mediocre in the ring, but Trips can drag a decent match out of most performers,  we'll see what happens. I'm still unsure if India will get behind a Canadian of Indian descent. I have a funny feeling that WWE is going to be very disappointed...