DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Victator said:

You mean the ones where Hunter puts over how great India is, how beautiful the women are and how he is dedicating his win to the Children's hospital?

I don't like Jinder but Hunter is cutting his nuts off.

This is one time where I'm rooting for Mr. H's to do the shovel dance

tumblr_mj80trR9lZ1s37joxo1_250.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/1/2017 at 8:02 AM, Casey said:

If you believe internet gossip, CFO$ were brought in to phase him out eventually and because they worked for super cheap and for the name recognition. And another rumor was that someone high up at WWE Music Group didn't like him and intentionally releases shitty quality themes (Uncaged albums) and doesn't put too much Johnston stuff out there to buy so he doesn't get a lot of royalty money from the label.

Or something.

I was busy when i read this. But this is so shitty if its true. He worked for them from nearly the start of the expansion. Using a casio in a basement and did good work. Musically you might be able to pick it apart but it pumped up arenas full of fans for decades. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Victator said:

I don't like Jinder but Hunter is cutting his nuts off.

Yeah, but... it's Jinder Mahal.  If we have sacrifice someone to the God of Am I Fucking Going Over to sate his hunger for a couple more years, Jinder isn't a big loss.

• Like 4

I was not aware that John Cena was voicing Ferdinand the flower-loving gentle bull in the titular 20th Century Fox animated film until I saw an ad tonight.  Seems like kind of a major thing that WWE never mentioned anywhere.  

5 minutes ago, caley said:

I was not aware that John Cena was voicing Ferdinand the flower-loving gentle bull in the titular 20th Century Fox animated film until I saw an ad tonight.  Seems like kind of a major thing that WWE never mentioned anywhere.  

They aired a trailer with a special intro by Cena at Survivor Series.

I doesn't matter if we want to see it, we need to see it. It's Triple H. They have to push the narrative that he's the greatest of all time. Austin left. Rock left. Jericho left. But Triple H never did. He's the king of kings he was put over at the expense of others like RVD and Booker T, we must respect him.

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Not to come off like the dude who couldn't fathom why anyone would want them to put StarrCade on the network, but is there anyone who actually wants to see a Jinder vs Triple H match?

Jinder Mahal versus Triple H needs to be on the Network, obviously. Everything WWE ever does in a live setting should be on the Network!

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I doesn't matter if we want to see it, we need to see it. It's Triple H. They have to push the narrative that he's the greatest of all time. Austin left. Rock left. Jericho left. But Triple H never did. He's the king of kings he was put over at the expense of others like RVD and Booker T, we must respect him.

If RVD had any political savvy, he'd have beat HHH. Dude just didn't care enough to politik.

RVD should have went over at Unforgiven 2002. Dude was over as fuck. RVD could have held it until Survivor Series when Shawn won. Trips then wins it at Armageddon. Trips should have dropped it to Book at Wrestlemania 19, he could have won it back at Backlash and it would have been the same. After that "people like you" promo Book should have gotten his babyface win at Mania, his Wrestlemania moment if you weel. Triple H really didn't need a 10 month reign anyway, it was so insufferable in hindsight. break that shit up. It could and should have been a 3 1/2 month reign from december to March then a 5 month minus 6 days reign until Goldberg beat him in Septmeber. He'd be up to 15 World title reigns now and not be tied with Orton with 14 but would be standing alone right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

But then Mr Insecurity will have to compensate for nobody watching it by coming out at the end of the women's royal rumble to give flowers to the winner and remind everyone that he started the women's revolution.

H has Mayweather beat when it comes to manufacturing his own legacy. Not only have they retconned him into being a bigger part of the boom period of the late 90's early aughts than he was, his Stallin-esq rally speech plays before every NXT House Show so you don't forget who is responsible for bring you the Hot Topic of Indie Wrestling under the WWE Umbrella.

And just so you don't get the wrong idea I love NXT and the three live event sof there's I've been to have been a ton of fun. I just call it as I see it. 

And DeathyBoy that SummerSlam '07 match between H and Book was uncalled for, it how one sided it was. H was returning from injury, he wasn't even on TV for the build of it, Book was gold on the mic setting that all up but the match was bullshit, so much so Book so fuck this and went to TNA.

4 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Do we hate Triple H this week?  I've been busy and haven't kept my scorecard up to date.

I became a fan after he jobbed twice to Taker in a row at Mania. Because I have absolutely no doubt that he could have talked his way into winning either match.