DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I hope we get some story progression and it's not just filler. Then again the Rumble is weeks away so it will probably be filler.

I hope they do something good with the 205ers and the women tonight. Maybe give them time to have a great match. Every week I hope for a Neville comeback and also that Enzo is featured less.

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

How many stars did Meltzer give that?

******+

And he compared it to Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat and Jim Cornette went on a Twitter tirade ending with him telling Meltzer he wanted to slap Santa Clause for this Lucha Underground horseshit...

Amirite?

1 hour ago, We Are The Robots said:

Anybody figure Raw will be interesting tonight, or will it just be meaningless filler* because it's likely nobody will be watching?

The idea of watching WWE on Christmas night feels a bit weird to me so not sure I want to tune in.

* I mean more meaningless than usual.

I'm watching, but I have to be up early for work. I came home earlier than I would normally, so I may as well watch Raw.

The Columbus arena website has spoiled the Fastlane 2018 main event on their website:

Spoiler

For the WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn *

*- "Card subject to change." 

On 12/25/2017 at 1:56 AM, bobholly138 said:

Yea was made right before and IIRC finished after Trent died. It's entertaining. For wrestling documentaries my favorite is still Southern Discomfort. Dave Friedman and Fred Olen Ray promote an indy show in backwoods AL. With Iron Sheik,Bullet Bob Armstrong,Peggy Lee Leather and NWA Women's Champ Bambi.

I can't remember which documentary it was I watched a while ago.  But it was about some of the NC indies and ended with George South cutting a promo.  I think it was on the Highspots Network.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 12:19 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

The Wrestlecon shows in downtown New Orleans: http://www.wrestlecon.com/tentative-schedule/

Then the WWN shows are a bit of a drive, out in Kenner. http://www.morethanmania.com/morethanmania.com..events.html

ROH and NXT are running against each other on the Saturday night. NXT is at the Smoothie King Center and ROH is at UNO Lakefront Arena.

Tickets for all of these have already gone on sale, but there's lots still available.  In fact I'm not sure that anything has completely sold out.

Thanks for the collection of Links for the Wrestlemania weekend.  I got tix for my 40th Birthday and I am trying to set up some plans and such.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just an update (since we brought up it up last week)

WWE is saying Dean Ambrose will be out 9 months with his injury

Now is this a legit timeline or is this like Michael Cole saying Braun Strowman could be out for weeks or even months only for him to return later that night?!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, caley said:

Now is this a legit timeline or is this like Michael Cole saying Braun Strowman could be out for weeks or even months only for him to return later that night?!

Could be both

Standard recovery time for his injury is 6-8 months so I think they are just giving themselves some wiggle room if he isn't ready for Summerslam

On December 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Edwin said:

Just leaving this here...

One thing that I love about the Bucks (I am hot and cold on their matches) is that they do not take themselves terribly seriously.  I love that it ends in the much-derided multi-man drop kick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Did I miss this being posted? 

Rusev and Lana are the best WWE couple since Randy and Liz. They may even beat out Randy and Liz because Rusev probably doesn't lock Lana in the locker room because he's paranoid about the boys lusting over his woman.

• Like 2

The MSG show pretty much sucked. The Cena-Roman main event was between good and very good but nothing special. The Rolins/Jordan vs The Bar cage match was good as well. Joe and Balor had a nothing match that went like 7 fucking minutes with Joe winning clean with the choke. Unless one of those guys was hurt I want to stab whomever the agent was tonight with a fork like I was Abby. And Enzo and Kalisto had a horrible match with Enzo fucking up moves left and right and they got twice the time Joe and Balor got. Everything else was meh. Oh and did I mention that despite there being a legit 14-15k in attendance they were like the crowds in Nassau or Pittsburgh in that they barely reacted to anything.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

And Lana doesn't always look like she'd rather be doing literally anything else.

I think the charm of Elizabeth was that she was so uncomfortable doing anything that that made her even more attractive.  Your average guy at a show would see how Savage treated her and would think they had a chance to make her happy.  Guys look at Lana, know she's with Rusev, and hesitate to even dream about her in fear Rusev would randomly kill them in the middle of it.

8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

And Lana doesn't always look like she'd rather be doing literally anything else.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that is Lana's deal.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They may even beat out Randy and Liz because Rusev probably doesn't lock Lana in the locker room because he's paranoid about the boys lusting over his woman.

Classic mistake.