DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Has anyone watched the Card Subject to Change documentary?

It's from 2010 and its apparently a documentary focusing on U.S. indy wrestling and features Trent Acid.

51 minutes ago, Edwin said:

It's from 2010 and its apparently a documentary focusing on U.S. indy wrestling and features Trent Acid.

Yea was made right before and IIRC finished after Trent died. It's entertaining. For wrestling documentaries my favorite is still Southern Discomfort. Dave Friedman and Fred Olen Ray promote an indy show in backwoods AL. With Iron Sheik,Bullet Bob Armstrong,Peggy Lee Leather and NWA Women's Champ Bambi.

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

It's pretty good but very sad if you happened to be a fan of Trent Acid. I hadn't watched a lot of that 2000s indies stuff in a while and the doc reminded me just how good he could be. 

Congrats, man! That's awesome.

I'd imagine they'll want to keep Dunne on NXT but they have a close enough working relationship with Progress that he could appear on both. Tough to say about the New Japan guys since some (all?) of them have contracts up before then. No matter what it will be a wild experience. (And if you have extra time and like BBQ, check out the Joint in Bywater.)

24 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, um, who's having a show where?

The Wrestlecon shows in downtown New Orleans: http://www.wrestlecon.com/tentative-schedule/

Then the WWN shows are a bit of a drive, out in Kenner. http://www.morethanmania.com/morethanmania.com..events.html

ROH and NXT are running against each other on the Saturday night. NXT is at the Smoothie King Center and ROH is at UNO Lakefront Arena.

Tickets for all of these have already gone on sale, but there's lots still available.  In fact I'm not sure that anything has completely sold out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, Craig H said:

Don't forget whipping his dick out on stage in front of an audience.

It always worked for Lux Interior... Just sayin'...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So my wife surprised me with Wrestlemania tickets, and a hotel for the whole weekend.  It just dawned on me that virtually every indy fed will have a show in the area that weekend.  So, um, who's having a show where?  I figure there's a Ring of Honor show.  Any chance any of the New Japan bigwigs show up (Okada, Kenny Omega, Naito, etc.?)  Will Pete Dunne be on the NXT show, or a Progress show?

It's my first Wrestlemania in over 30 years of fandom.  I'm so excited to go with my son. Can't believe it.

Nice gift,if yall enjoy Mexican food the best in NOLA is Juan's Flying Burrito. There is two locations. Last time I was in there there place was packed with lucha merch.

I hope we get some story progression and it's not just filler. Then again the Rumble is weeks away so it will probably be filler.

I hope they do something good with the 205ers and the women tonight. Maybe give them time to have a great match. Every week I hope for a Neville comeback and also that Enzo is featured less.

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

How many stars did Meltzer give that?

******+

And he compared it to Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat and Jim Cornette went on a Twitter tirade ending with him telling Meltzer he wanted to slap Santa Clause for this Lucha Underground horseshit...

Amirite?

1 hour ago, We Are The Robots said:

Anybody figure Raw will be interesting tonight, or will it just be meaningless filler* because it's likely nobody will be watching?

The idea of watching WWE on Christmas night feels a bit weird to me so not sure I want to tune in.

* I mean more meaningless than usual.

I'm watching, but I have to be up early for work. I came home earlier than I would normally, so I may as well watch Raw.