DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't begin to comprehend how starting a football league could be considered a good idea especially when you've already done it once and it failed miserably..     Am I missing something?  We joke about Vince being crazy and maybe even believed yeah maybe he is a little crazy..  

but this is beyond crazy right?  Like he needs to be in a padded room and they need to take his belt away.  

My assumption is that the whole basis for this is that Vince is going to sell it to conservatives with "NO KNEELING DURING THE ANTHEM IN OUR GAMES PAL!"....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't begin to comprehend how starting a football league could be considered a good idea especially when you've already done it once and it failed miserably..     Am I missing something?  We joke about Vince being crazy and maybe even believed yeah maybe he is a little crazy..  

but this is beyond crazy right?  Like he needs to be in a padded room and they need to take his belt away.  

george-costanza-committed-mental-hospita

Football at its highest level is not that interesting right now, what makes him think that this minor league nonsense would be interesting?  Does he think he's going to get quality players?  Is he going to ignore all the concussion stuff?  Does he believe that people actually stopped watching football because of protests they rarely show on TV?  Does he think that a bunch of players are going to line up to get paid less and have less freedom?  He's going to have a league full of bad football players, who won't make much money, getting debilitating injuries, but I guess they'll stand for the anthem.  He's going to lose so much money.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

george-costanza-committed-mental-hospita

I'd let Vince keep his belt.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Comedian said:

My assumption is that the whole basis for this is that Vince is going to sell it to conservatives with "NO KNEELING DURING THE ANTHEM IN OUR GAMES PAL!"....

Don't forget about the Liberals who are up and arms over the NFL's social policies.

Popcorn?

I'm flipping around channels and randomly saw Chubby Dudley on something called the Robert Irvine Show. Apparently his wife is upset that he's now well over 300lbs. He still has the very cliched 90s Indy wrestler "long on the top, shaved on the sides" haircut.

Follow up on the Kalisto getting drilled by a water bottle thrown by a fan

Kalisto appears to have been injured when a fan threw a water bottle at him on Tuesday's episode of 205 Live.

The bottle was thrown at Kalisto while he was laying outside the ring after he had teamed with Gran Metalik against Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick. The faces won by disqualification, with Gallagher & Kendrick continuing to attack them after the match. As Gallagher & Kendrick were walking away, the camera cut to a shot of a bottle, which wasn't empty, bouncing off the ground and hitting Kalisto in the mouth.

Abigail Rodriguez, Kalisto's wife, posted an update yesterday which revealed that Kalisto needed stitches, had an MRI done, and suffered a possible fracture. Rodriguez didn't reveal any specifics about the potential fracture.

"The way you assaulted my husband was disgusting to say the least," Rodriguez wrote. "Your actions caused harm and medical intervention was needed. Second, I am in disbelief with those that think it's ok to ridicule (poke fun of) someone who lives their life to entertain others. If it was you in the situation, you wouldn't be laughing now would you?! What a way to spend our holidays! Stitches, MRI, and possible fracture, we don't know."

Kalisto has yet to comment on the incident. Rodriguez's post includes a fairly brutal picture of his lip after the injuries that were caused.

According to a tweet from a WWE employee, the person who threw the bottle was caught by security.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kalisto-injured-after-fan-throws-water-bottle-him-205-live-248486

I threw a bottle at the guy from Hoobastank once in high school. People make mistakes, maybe it was a kid or something. I very seriously doubt it was a "Me and Don Kernodle were almost murdered in Greensboro" situation

12 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

DP

Settle down Hollyw.. oh, double post

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, quackhell said:

I am not a big fan of the whole "back in the day" notions about wrestling, but this is a time I wouldn't mind seeing security just leave the clown who threw the bottle in a back room with some of the boys for a little "talk". 

Honestly, I'd rather catch that asswhoopin' from a few wrestlers than catch a felony assault charge. The former will fuck you up for a couple of weeks, but the latter will fuck you up for life. 

I'll take a gang-style beatdown in place of not being able to get a job, thanks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I threw a bottle at the guy from Hoobastank once in high school. People make mistakes, maybe it was a kid or something. I very seriously doubt it was a "Me and Don Kernodle were almost murdered in Greensboro" situation

Throwing a bottle at someone because you’re young and dumb isn’t really a mistake.  It’s you being young and dumb and doing something stupid.  It’s not like you or this kid, if it was a kid, didn’t know better than to throw a bottle at someone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I'm flipping around channels and randomly saw Chubby Dudley on something called the Robert Irvine Show. Apparently his wife is upset that he's now well over 300lbs. He still has the very cliched 90s Indy wrestler "long on the top, shaved on the sides" haircut.

Someone needs to smarten his wife up about kayfabe.

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I threw a bottle at the guy from Hoobastank once in high school.

It's Hoobastank.  No jury in the world would convict you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

There is only one guy in Hoobastank?