DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I know Vince is exactly the wrong person, but if someone started a new football league with, like, a 240 lb. weight limit, I would be so all in.

Yeah but if Vince did a football version of 205 Live he would book Johnny Manziel as the Tom Brady of the league 

Somewhere Triple H is trying to figure out the easier way to poison Vince without getting caught.   I mean between losing on the millions on the XFL and losing billions in TWO failed Linda campaigns, and try another football league, they might need a piggy bank

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So wrestling Twitter is saying that Vince wants to bring back the XFL and will make the announcement sometime in January 

Why is everyone assuming the worst, just because every single attempt Vince has made to branch out beyond wrestling (promoting boxing; starting a bodybuilding federation; starting a football league; opening a film studio) has failed miserably?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So wrestling Twitter is saying that Vince wants to bring back the XFL and will make the announcement sometime in January 

There's a difference between "wants to" and "is going to."  He said that same shit in that 30 for 30.  I kinda hope he does so Stephanie and HHH get less.

I don’t buy this whole “Bock was gonna be Mr. Perfect “ bullshit. Bock was done then. And if any of you dum dums are actually shitting on Nick Mother Fucking Bockwinkel...Wow. I blame Trump. Because only the sub intelligent  population who spend their precious moments away from their sad and depressing lives at the Wrestling Matches, would be booing a man like Nick Bockwinkel. A man who is clearly the better of all other men. These Ham and Eggers, as Bobby is prone to say, are so blinded by their preconceived notions and the utter flim flamery of Verne Gagne and the flawed opinions of the rest of the so called “ Leaders” of Professional Wrestling Criticism “ that they can’t see what’s right in front of their sad and confused faces.

And that is the clear and undeniable fact that Nick Bockwinkel Fucking rules.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Wasn't the Bockwinkel/WWE rumor that he was considered for "The Million Dollar Man" role, which would make a little more sense as he had still been wrestling full-time in AWA up until that point.

This is the first I am hearing about him potentially being "Mr. Perfect." This sounds like some wires got crossed on the "who was supposed to be what gimmick" speculation.

At that time, Vince was giving out shots for lots of big names who were past their prime to make some big money in the hottest thing going. Harley Race is the best example. Bock did one Legends Battle Royal at the Meadowlands and that was it. I’m sure Vince would’ve loved to have him as a performer at one point, but by the time he got there Bock was old. It’s not inconceivable that Vince ran by his ideas about characters at various guys until the right performers came along, and that’s where the rumors come from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I don’t buy this whole “Bock was gonna be Mr. Perfect “ bullshit. Bock was done then. And if any of you dum dums are actually shitting on Nick Mother Fucking Bockwinkel...Wow. I blame Trump. Because only the sub intelligent  population who spend their precious moments away from their sad and depressing lives at the Wrestling Matches, would be booing a man like Nick Bockwinkel. A man who is clearly the better of all other men. These Ham and Eggers, as Bobby is prone to say, are so blinded by their preconceived notions and the utter flim flamery of Verne Gagne and the flawed opinions of the rest of the so called “ Leaders” of Professional Wrestling Criticism “ that they can’t see what’s right in front of their sad and confused faces.

And that is the clear and undeniable fact that Nick Bockwinkel Fucking rules.

Don't listen to the ramblings of the cretinous humanoids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Why is everyone assuming the worst, just because every single attempt Vince has made to branch out beyond wrestling (promoting boxing; starting a bodybuilding federation; starting a football league; opening a film studio) has failed miserably?  

I'm also hearing swirls that it's likely more "Vince wants partial ownership of a pro sports TEAM" than "the XFL is back."

5 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

5 sequels to the Marine say that film studio is doing pretty damn well.