DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I can't believe he keeps getting goaded into these "Who was more popular" arguments on Twitter.

It gets tiresome to hop on Twitter and just running into those tweets so I can see why people have unfollowed him.

31 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I can't believe he keeps getting goaded into these "Who was more popular" arguments on Twitter.

It gets tiresome to hop on Twitter and just running into those tweets so I can see why people have unfollowed him.

It is annoying. He breaks news on there so I still follow him but the circular arguments he gets into every single day are tiresome. 

• Like 1

I can't believe we were close to having Nick Bockwinkle be Mr. Perfect. I don't think I've seen a Bockwinkle match I liked and he had to be old as fuck when they were ready to debut Mr. Perfect. Thank goodness Vince changes his mind.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I can't believe we were close to having Nick Bockwinkle be Mr. Perfect. I don't think I've seen a Bockwinkle match I liked and he had to be old as fuck when they were ready to debut Mr. Perfect. Thank goodness Vince changes his mind.

Can it be March now? @RIPPA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Let me get a chair and wait for Matt to get here

Edit: missed it by that much

• Like 1

Look at Bockwinkel and then look at Curt. Who is the better Mr. Perfect? Bockwinkel would have been past 50 and I had to check Wikipedia for that. I originally thought he would have been younger than 50.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Look at Bockwinkel and then look at Curt. Who is the better Mr. Perfect? Bockwinkel would have been past 50 and I had to check Wikipedia for that. I originally thought he would have been younger than 50.

Bock would have certainly had better matches. The main case against Hennig as a worker is his Mr. Perfect run relative to the earlier parts of his career. I bet he would have drawn better against Hogan in 90 too. You know why? Because no Hogan opponent in a program ever drew worse, so it's a really, really short hurdle to get over.

Before I ignore the thread for the weekend

Update on Noam Dar's injury

It appears that Noam Dar will be out of action for the next several months.

After WWE announced on 205 Live this week that Dar had a knee injury that would require surgery, an article on WWE.com noted that Dar underwent successful surgery on his left knee in Orlando yesterday. WWE claims that Dar suffered the injury, which was a "bucket handle" tear of his meniscus, in the cruiserweight fatal four-way match on the November 27th episode of Raw. He then got an MRI done this Monday after weeks of lingering issues.

While the exact time it will take him to recover from the injury hasn't been confirmed, Dar said in the WWE.com article that he's more than likely going to be out for around five months. Dar also said he hopes training at the Performance Center will reduce the timetable.

Dave Meltzer confirmed in this week's edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Dar's injury was legitimate and that he would be undergoing surgery.

Dar has most recently been part of Enzo Amore's Zo Train stable on Raw and 205 Live. His last match before getting surgery was against Cedric Alexander on December 5th.

Oh, Enzo....

WWE superstar Enzo Amore is telling the state of Delaware to stick it -- 'cause there ain't a chance they're getting his penis-ish signature scrubbed from his driver's license!!

Enzo WENT OFF on his DMV beef -- claiming he's been getting calls from reps demanding he change his license ASAP due to the suggestive signature. 

Let's be real ... it definitely looks like a dong. 

But, Enzo says there's no way in hell he's rejiggering his John Hancock -- and he's willing to go to war over it.  

"There ain't no way the state of Delaware is gonna tell me how to sign my own license!! I've been signing this signature since grade school!!"

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/15/wwe-enzo-amore-penis-signature-drivers-license/

1215-enzo-amore-instagram-penis-signatur

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, matt925 said:

It is annoying. He breaks news on there so I still follow him but the circular arguments he gets into every single day are tiresome. 

This.  I've only been following him for a few weeks and I'm gonna get tired of him very quickly.  He sometimes makes good points or breaks news, but it's kinda tiresome wading through a mountain of troll on troll tweetin'  I didn't feel like anyone involved in the Conor v. Cena debate made good points.  Dave was probably right that McGregor is a bigger star, but the metrics he kept reciting to back up his point were highly debatable.

27 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

This.  I've only been following him for a few weeks and I'm gonna get tired of him very quickly.  He sometimes makes good points or breaks news, but it's kinda tiresome wading through a mountain of troll on troll tweetin'  I didn't feel like anyone involved in the Conor v. Cena debate made good points.  Dave was probably right that McGregor is a bigger star, but the metrics he kept reciting to back up his point were highly debatable.

Who would draw better against 1990 Hogan?