DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

New Japan has the full press conference on their YouTube page—Omega promising a fight, and a version of himself he hasn’t shown—but this is the part you’ll be hearing about...

I had a big fucking grin while watching this. I'm sure Omega, Gedo & Romero did as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good bit to promote the match, but the heat of the moment gets the best of them ...

"It's time for the Cleaner ..."

*"'... to get cleaned?' No, that sounds stupid.  '... to get dirty?'  Shit.  I should've said, 'I can get dirtier than the Cleaner has ever seen,' damn that would've been sweet!  C'mon, c'mon!  Um, fuck it ..."*

" ... the Cleaner's career to be over!  SHUT UP, FUCKFACE!"

• Like 3

Here is an oddity recently posted on YouTube. It's an episode of a short-lived game show called "Bingo Break" that aired in Baltimore in 1994.

The show received a 13-week test run in Baltimore with the possibility of a national re-launch. But it flopped in Baltimore and faded away.

So what does this have to do with wrestling?

-- One of the hosts is Gorilla Monsoon, who's performing under his real name, Robert Marella

-- The bingo ball drawer is Sean Mooney

-- Bobby Heenan makes a guest appearance near the end.

The show's EP was Nelson Sweglar, who was an executive for the WWF in the 80s and early 90s, which explains the wrestling appearances ...

• Like 2

I feel like WWE could just place a camera backstage at Smackdown and have it air live on the Network. Having unfiltered Rusev, Gulak, Breezango and the New Day should bring enough entertainment and cost them very little so they can't complain they need to shut it down because it costs too much (Talking Smack)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I feel like WWE could just place a camera backstage at Smackdown and have it air live on the Network. Having unfiltered Rusev, Gulak, Breezango and the New Day should bring enough entertainment and cost them very little so they can't complain they need to shut it down because it costs too much (Talking Smack)

This is the cardinal sin of WWE right now in so many ways.  They've gone from "Okay kid, here's the camera, go out there and get over!" to "Hey, Kid, here's the camera go out there and get the product over!"

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
17 hours ago, alstein said:

Is it wrong to like Luger's yelling selling?  At least he sold.

I loved it, if only because someone shouting DOWWWWWWWW after being punched makes me laugh.

9 hours ago, colonial said:

Here is an oddity recently posted on YouTube. It's an episode of a short-lived game show called "Bingo Break" that aired in Baltimore in 1994.

The show received a 13-week test run in Baltimore with the possibility of a national re-launch. But it flopped in Baltimore and faded away.

So what does this have to do with wrestling?

-- One of the hosts is Gorilla Monsoon, who's performing under his real name, Robert Marella

-- The bingo ball drawer is Sean Mooney

-- Bobby Heenan makes a guest appearance near the end.

The show's EP was Nelson Sweglar, who was an executive for the WWF in the 80s and early 90s, which explains the wrestling appearances ...

This had been mentioned on both Prichard's and Mooney's podcasts. Glad footage of it finally surfaced.

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

...  Dave finished this weird little tangent by shrugging and saying "Well, no one has a problem working with him (Elgin) ...."

On 12/9/2017 at 12:34 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

:lol:

On 12/12/2017 at 9:05 PM, joseph2112 said:

Well he's not wrong. 

Rusev's the gift that keeps on giving.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:21 AM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I guess Jushin Thunder Liger isn't hip to the Twitter.  Dave Meltzer retweeted this

Brilliant. We need more Liger takes on the world.

• Like 1

By Mike Johnson on 2017-12-14 09:00:00
A scheduled World Wrestling Entertainment debut at the brand new Rogers Place arena in Edmonton, Ontario Canada on 2/9/18 was canceled after new regulations banning all forms of combat sports were enacted by the city's council following the June death of a boxer following an Edmonton fight.

The Rogers Place website announced the cancellation with the following announcement "Following new guidelines established by Edmonton’s city council, WWE’s event on Friday, February 9 at Rogers Place has been postponed. The WWE is working closely with the local Commission, and hope to return with their sports entertainment events to Edmonton in the near future."

The Edmonton city council announced on 12/8 that they were placing a one year moratorium on new permits or licenses for anything that fell under the umbrella of combat sports, which for some reason, has included WWE, despite the fact that the company's product is anything but an actual, legitimate combat sports competition.   The moratorium is scheduled to stand until December 2018.

The moratorium was enacted after the June death of boxer Tim Hauge following a fight card held in the city.  There has been criticism of the city council for enacting the ban after UFC held an event in September, with critics believing they waited until after that event instead of just immediately issuing the ban.