DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, my bae called me this morning and said that it's all over the local news in B-More.

MCW's owner / money mark, Richard Caricofe, was interviewed and he made the same point that you made ala when you're in a relationship with another pro wrestler, dumb shit like this has the potential to wreck two careers for the price of one.

AP picked up the story so it's getting a lot of play.  It was in my local paper this morning, and I live in a college town with basically no wrestling in the area.  Far as I know, there are no local promotions and WWE never comes closer than 80 miles away.  Only wrestling shows I can actually remember in the area over the last five years were a pair of TNA shows.  Wrestling gets virtually no coverage around here.

I'd wager there is practically nothing else Swann could do that would get him a paragraph on the AP wire (pulling a Benoit maybe, but otherwise....).

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Kane vs Strowman tonight on Raw in a #1 contenders match for Brock at the Royal Rumble.

So Brock vs Lesnar at the Rumble it is then 

So...about...thaaaat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Kane vs Strowman tonight on Raw in a #1 contenders match for Brock at the Royal Rumble.

So Brock vs Lesnar at the Rumble it is then 

They put Kane over Balor strong to build him up for Brock...

Triple H will interfere to get the first strike on Braun. Cerebral Assassin and all that.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

The microphones were always too close. It's not like Sid was shouting out his spots, but the mics picked up on every single spot he called.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Sid was not a very subtle spot caller to begin with, though, but that's what happens when you also not very keen on laying out the match with the face before it even begins.

Luger would like to have a word with you.

Specifically, "AHHHHHH"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

That was nearly 20 years ago. He was out of the business for a long time until New Japan. He was/is just living life as a guy his age normally would. Not having to work out and having a successful job. 

I prefer to think he was recently bit by Heyman. 

• Haha 2

I could go completely cynical and say that Brock vs Braun at the Rumble will be a 5 minute bomb throwing contest followed by the single invincible finisher F5 puts Braun away, just so when Roman kicks out of it a WM it will be a "big" deal solely for the purpose of creating Superstar Reigns.  

But I won't and say I'm way more interested in a Brock vs Lesnar feud as well. 

47 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I could go completely cynical and say that Brock vs Braun at the Rumble will be a 5 minute bomb throwing contest followed by the single invincible finisher F5 puts Braun away, just so when Roman kicks out of it a WM it will be a "big" deal solely for the purpose of creating Superstar Reigns.  

Fourth time is the charm, I guess.