DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Everyone forgets last year's Tag Title match that set the records for F-bombs dropped in a single match, including ECW, CZW, and XPW.

And that was just from Tanga Loa.

I know the IWGP Heavyweight Title doesn’t switch hands super quick but if Naito goes over at WrestleKingdom they can book the rematch for Strong Style Evolved in March in Long Beach. And have Okada go over in Long Beach marking the first time the title changed hands on American soil. Naito’s First IWGP reign was 70 Days, if he won the title at Wrestle Kingdom and lost it at Strong Style Evolved it be an 80 reign that includes a three day run in the US in February. I think Naito should get the belt at Wrestle Kingdom just cuz how the story has been building, but Okada should regain the title as ultimately Kenny Omega needs to beat Okada for the IWGP Championship.

• Like 1

I actually think Naito's getting a longish run this time around.  You can give him a long run and take your time getting the belt back on Okada, while still building toward Okada/Omega 4 in the Dome next year.

15 minutes ago, EVA said:

John, do you think Okada and Naito are wrestling for the JUNIOR heavyweight title?

Uh, no... Why would they do that?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

BTW, Lillian Garcia's podcast with Paige is worth listening to. I'm glad she sounds level headed and she acknowledged that she was in a bad place.

What was really alarming was hearing about how fucked her neck is. So...she doesn't have full rotation in her neck anymore and she can't tuck her chin on bumps. She has to turn her head to the side she's able to turn her head to when taking a bump. That is just scary. I don't know how much longer she's going to be able to wrestle with her neck in that condition.

Yea, nice interview with Paige. She's always been really likeable to me on things like this. She's had to have had lived one of the craziest lives....

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

They way you put that last paragraph together really made it seem like you thought Okada and Naito were the two Japanese guys in the 4-way with the Brits.

I shouldz larn to right betta.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Leave it to Kenny Omega to make the Code Breaker look like a devastating finisher for once. Shit, even Callis took it better than most WWE guys.

The internets seem to be giving Kenny a break from hate today for selling the Codebreaker like black robed death.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

You just need a better editor.

I would hope he could see why someone would think he though Naito and Okada were in the 4-way:

The only fly in the ointment would be two of the participants in the fatal four-way,  and I'm a big fan of both Japanese guys who are involved in the match. I suppose that I can endure those two wacky Brits if it means that I get to see my man Naito finally wrest the title away from Okada.

Because yeah, you look like you think Naito and Okada are in the 4-way.

47 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The internets seem to be giving Kenny a break from hate today for selling the Codebreaker like black robed death.

I was pissed at the stupid stretcher job Callis did though. I understand they were trying to get the angle over, but being carried out over a codebreaker was stoopid. 

• Like 1

It seemed like not only did Callis & Omega sell the Codebreaker like death, but Jericho was doing it differently than he did in WWE.  In WWE is was more a straight on knees to the chest where these two he approached more from the side, grab the back of the head and drive it  into a knee.  Just looked way more devastating this way.  

• Like 2

It helps that nearly every other big promotion's ring sounds better than WWE's. That's something I like about old WCW shows - the sound the ring makes when you take a bump on it. NJPW's sounds even better.

• Like 2

A stretcher job is way over the top, for sure. But, it's worth noting that many New Japan fans might not recognize the Codebreaker as Jericho's finisher, and if they do, they've seen it kicked out of a ton. So it either needed to be established or rehabbed a little, depending, since they'll want it to mean something when Omega (inevitably) kicks out. 

• Like 1

I think it makes sense to stretcher Calis with the Codebreaker. He's just an announcer and a dude in a suit. If a Codebreaker is going to seriously hurt Kenny, it should put an average Joe in the hospital.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Victator said:

When did Cyrus turn into Paul Heyman?

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't seen Don Callis in years and the last time I did, I seem to recall him having long hair and being skinny as a rail. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

That Jericho/Omega/Callis angle was amazing. Motherfuckers might make me pay to watch a show with terrible Kevin Kelly announcing.

Japanese commentary, sir.    But yes,  that was awesome.    I also loved that the bell rang about 1500 times.   I haven't seen anything like that in 20 years. 

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't seen Don Callis in years and the last time I did, I seem to recall him having long hair and being skinny as a rail. 

That was nearly 20 years ago. He was out of the business for a long time until New Japan. He was/is just living life as a guy his age normally would. Not having to work out and having a successful job.