DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

That’s just the arrest detail/report. I’m sure the full report will have much more detail. I disagree with it being an open and shut case.  As is common with many domestic violence cases,  Su Yung already gave conflicting statements to law enforcement. Chances are she won’t cooperate during prosecution. The case will rest entirely on the witness statements.

LOP'ing is unfortunately the most common outcome for these kinds of cases.

And I know that's the abridged version of the report, it was still written pretty well. I've seen some doozies when it comes to spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Uh, okay (to the post about the AroLucha show, and the one above me - seriously wtf)

A live report from the show makes it sound like a super fun show, so if any of it ever surfaces or I get word of a return date, I'm definitely watching and/or going. James Storm made an unannounced appearance and won a match with Trey Miguel, too.

You don’t get why someone wouldn’t want to give the Harris Brothers money even for a fun show? Even if you feel otherwise?

• Like 3

Man, talk about a pretty shitty way to end 2017 with a murder charge from Jasper and an assault/false improsonment charge dealing with Rich.  Jasper's side of the story is blown out the hell because of dumping her in the water.  And no way he can try the "I was scared and didn't know what to do" tactic, that just doesn't work.

Rich's arrest is disheartening to read about.  He was the local guy that we loved and it was always cool to see him on WWE TV.  But this is a no-win situation for him and Su.  If he serves time then there's it's going to be virtually impossible for him to get over that if he tries wrestling again when he gets out.  And Su for some time is going to have this case hanging over her head so not sure how that's going to affect her shows going forward.  But it's just a really sad situation all-around.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

.Rich's arrest is disheartening to read about.  He was the local guy that we loved and it was always cool to see him on WWE TV.  But this is a no-win situation for him and Su.  If he serves time then there's it's going to be virtually impossible for him to get over that if he tries wrestling again when he gets out.  And Su for some time is going to have this case hanging over her head so not sure how that's going to affect her shows going forward.  But it's just a really sad situation all-around.

Yeah, my bae called me this morning and said that it's all over the local news in B-More.

MCW's owner / money mark, Richard Caricofe, was interviewed and he made the same point that you made ala when you're in a relationship with another pro wrestler, dumb shit like this has the potential to wreck two careers for the price of one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Hahahahaha

"COME ON KENNY! COME ON YOU SONOFABITCH!" I love Jericho in Japan. 

That is actually tame by current NJPW standards.  Will Ospreay told KUSHIDA to "Get to the back of the line, mother fucker," in a packed arena after dropping the IWGP Junior strap to Marty Scurll after KUSHIDA came to the ring to issue a challenge.

Oh, I know, it's just that you don't get Jericho doing that a lot in WWE and when he does it's harder to hear him compared to how much more his voice projects in a Japanese audience. Jericho will drop some f bombs for sure during their match.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That is actually tame by current NJPW standards.  Will Ospreay told KUSHIDA to "Get to the back of the line, mother fucker," in a packed arena after dropping the IWGP Junior strap to Marty Scurll after KUSHIDA came to the ring to issue a challenge.

Everyone forgets last year's Tag Title match that set the records for F-bombs dropped in a single match, including ECW, CZW, and XPW.

BTW, Lillian Garcia's podcast with Paige is worth listening to. I'm glad she sounds level headed and she acknowledged that she was in a bad place.

What was really alarming was hearing about how fucked her neck is. So...she doesn't have full rotation in her neck anymore and she can't tuck her chin on bumps. She has to turn her head to the side she's able to turn her head to when taking a bump. That is just scary. I don't know how much longer she's going to be able to wrestle with her neck in that condition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Everyone forgets last year's Tag Title match that set the records for F-bombs dropped in a single match, including ECW, CZW, and XPW.

Everyone forgets the camera guys having microphones too close to the ring during the War Games at GAB 1987, where Road Warrior Hawk sold a half dozen groin shots by doubling over in pain and dropping F-Bombs as loudly as he could.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Everyone forgets the camera guys having microphones too close to the ring during the War Games at GAB 1987, where Road Warrior Hawk sold a half dozen groin shots by doubling over in pain and dropping F-Bombs as loudly as he could.

The microphones were always too close. It's not like Sid was shouting out his spots, but the mics picked up on every single spot he called.

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The microphones were always too close. It's not like Sid was shouting out his spots, but the mics picked up on every single spot he called.

Sid was not a very subtle spot caller to begin with, though, but that's what happens when you also not very keen on laying out the match with the face before it even begins.

1 minute ago, Beech27 said:

You can just use the Japanese stream, and avoid that.

That's what I'm going to do. I initially thought that having JR call the matches would be cool and when I was watching the show I just wound up preferring the Japanese commentary more. I think that was the case for most people.

43 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, my bae called me this morning and said that it's all over the local news in B-More.

MCW's owner / money mark, Richard Caricofe, was interviewed and he made the same point that you made ala when you're in a relationship with another pro wrestler, dumb shit like this has the potential to wreck two careers for the price of one.

I haven't checked local news the past couple days so I wasn't aware of the coverage.  But a quick Google search pulled up a lot of local channels covering it.  Considering my mom catches CBS every morning I'm surprised she didn't ask me about this yet.

It's odd , I didn't realize until just a few minutes ago just how incomplete my life is until I see COC (that's "Cranky Old Chris" for the uninitiated) Jericho vs. Kenny Omega in a NJPW ring. I can't see this being anything but a lights-out MOTYC.  Jericho can still go, he may have lost half-a-step, but he's a smart enough worker to hide any deficiencies, and we know Kenny will go balls out to set the bar for the rest of the year.  I am more excited about this card than any Wrestlemania ever. 

The only fly in the ointment would be two of the participants in the fatal four-way,  and I'm a big fan of both Japanese guys who are involved in the match. I suppose that I can endure those two wacky Brits if it means that I get to see my man Naito finally wrest the title away from Okada.  I actually think having Okada chase for a few months would be very good for business...

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I actually think having Okada chase for a few months would be very good for business...

Totally agree with this. He basically returned from his excursion right into the IWGP title picture, so Okada "in the wilderness"--maybe even, Gedo forbid, challenging for lesser belts--would be really compelling.