DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

32 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

When you read what he's charged with, it stemming over an argument about how a pro wrestling match went isn't how you figured it started.

Reading over the description of the incident, my first thought is that this probably isn't the first time Swann and his wife have been in this situation.  Most people don't jump out of a moving car to get away from their husband, scream for help when he forcibly puts them back in the car, and continue screaming for help and beating on the car windows as the car drives off if it's the first time something like that has happened.  It's the sort of thing you do when you you've played this scenario out before and it ends badly for you.

FWIW, Swann is disputing the police report's version of events, though the report appears to be backed up by eyewitness testimony (passerbys saw the incident and called police).  Maybe there's some mitigating factor, but it doesn't seem likely.  I'm really ok with it if they fire Swann tomorrow. 

43 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

When you read what he's charged with, it stemming over an argument about how a pro wrestling match went isn't how you figured it started.

yeah man thats crazy, I get being passionate about your work but thats no reason to get aggressive.  He was one of my favorites in 205 live in the beginning and is still on over the more over guys in the division, That division is a flop but if the abolish the whole division he'd have probably be one of the guys theyd keep around on the main roster.

44 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Reading over the description of the incident, my first thought is that this probably isn't the first time Swann and his wife have been in this situation.  Most people don't jump out of a moving car to get away from their husband, scream for help when he forcibly puts them back in the car, and continue screaming for help and beating on the car windows as the car drives off if it's the first time something like that has happened.  It's the sort of thing you do when you you've played this scenario out before and it ends badly for you

That was my take away too. Just crazy Stuff smh 

18 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

That's not required by every department, the rule varies from agency to agency.

I don't understand why their names/addresses needed to be released to public at all. Obviously I realize they are an important part to the report itself but I don't see what benefit comes with disseminating their information to the public, especially in a case with widespread attention like this. It's not completely far-fetched there's some psycho Rich Swann mark(I know, I know..) out there that could retaliate.

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

I was wondering where you get one of those sweet NWO Red and Black jackets that Xavier Woods had 

This one? I didn't watch the video. http://shop.wwe.com/nwo-wolfpac-vintage-chalk-line-jacket/F10013.html?dwvar_F10013_color=No Color

I also saw on Instagram not that long ago a dude selling satin Starter jackets, one was an NWO Wolfpac, the other was a WCW one in purple and gold, real fucking dope. 

Edited by grilledcheese

1 hour ago, Peck said:

I don't understand why their names/addresses needed to be released to public at all. Obviously I realize they are an important part to the report itself but I don't see what benefit comes with disseminating their information to the public, especially in a case with widespread attention like this. It's not completely far-fetched there's some psycho Rich Swann mark(I know, I know..) out there that could retaliate.

An open records request is used (mostly) by the courts, lawyers, etc. Each agency itself decides what is redacted and what isn't. I know at mine if a lawyer or DA requests it, it will be unedited, but if a private citizen requests it the witness, reportee, and victim information is omitted.

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm in law enforcement. I don't know how it is in Florida, but if this case were in Texas he'd pretty much be screwed. That report was written fairly well, I've seen some terrible ones before, it reads like a pretty much open and shut case.

Florida is Florida. It'll be a mess.

So, that AroLucha thing was tonight in Nashville - here's the card:

Rey Mysterio & Pentagon vs Rush & John Morrison

Jack Evans, Hurricane Helms &  Maximo vs Garza Jr, La Mascara & Daga

MVP vs Sammy Guevara

Keira & Lacey Lane vs Vanilla Vargas & Taya

Demas vs Mascarita Dorada

Willie Mack vs Mr. 450

Now I'm mad that I'm two hours away from Nashville. Fuck.

3 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm in law enforcement. I don't know how it is in Florida, but if this case were in Texas he'd pretty much be screwed. That report was written fairly well, I've seen some terrible ones before, it reads like a pretty much open and shut case.

That’s just the arrest detail/report. I’m sure the full report will have much more detail. I disagree with it being an open and shut case.  As is common with many domestic violence cases,  Su Yung already gave conflicting statements to law enforcement. Chances are she won’t cooperate during prosecution. The case will rest entirely on the witness statements. 

Whether or not he is prosecuted, I still think Rich’s WWE career is over. 

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

So, that AroLucha thing was tonight in Nashville - here's the card:

Now I'm mad that I'm two hours away from Nashville. Fuck.

First rule of wrestling: never give your time or money to anything associated with Vince Russo. Double so if the Nazis are involved.

• Like 2

Uh, okay (to the post about the AroLucha show, and the one above me - seriously wtf)

A live report from the show makes it sound like a super fun show, so if any of it ever surfaces or I get word of a return date, I'm definitely watching and/or going. James Storm made an unannounced appearance and won a match with Trey Miguel, too.