DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just since that had been a piece of conversation.

From the newest WON

Chris Jericho was on our show talking about the birth of the match with Kenny Omega and noted the actual idea was Don Callis making a remark in passing about him wrestling Omega at the Dome, and since he was a free agent, it got serious from there and pushed for it. What put it over the top was when four New Japan officials, including booker Gedo, flew to New York where he was doing a book signing for the first meeting. He figured at that point it was real because if they’re flying four people in, they want it to happen. He seems this as him being a WWE guy, even though he’s a free agent, against a New Japan guy as a special dream match. He said he did talk to Vince McMahon about it before it got out. He’d already made the deal and they had a brief conversation and Vince was fine with it when he pitched that this would only make him a bigger star

And for those that didn't see it - Fozzy has tour dates Mania week (including the day of Mania). So Jericho won't be at Mania

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just since that had been a piece of conversation.

From the newest WON

And for those that didn't see it - Fozzy has tour dates Mania week (including the day of Mania). So Jericho won't be at Mania

I guarantee you Vince leveraged something from Jericho over this. Jericho trying to sell Vince as being utterly benevolent on this is so carny it hurts. 

Bet you Jericho comes out to the Wrestlemania theme. 

1 minute ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Re: Jericho/Vince Wrestle Kingdom

I dunno who's working who, but Meltzer reported that Jericho didn't tell the WWE in advance and Vince and co. learned about it at the same time we did - from a New Japan press release.

Well now I am confused since the part I posted was literally what Dave wrote in the Observer.

I wish it was Priest, but I think everyone is assuming he’ll use the Fozzy song, Judas, a thing I never wanted to know about, but here we are.

Omega, though, has mentioned liking Gaga several times—it’s in the queer guy contract fine print, of course—so there’s that chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I guarantee you Vince leveraged something from Jericho over this. Jericho trying to sell Vince as being utterly benevolent on this is so carny it hurts. 

Bet you Jericho comes out to the Wrestlemania theme. 

Like what? A luxury room on Jericho’s upcoming cruise ordeal? 

Jericho is clearly in a position with WWE where if they can have him around their happy but if he is off doing whatever their fine with that too because he’s really not as big a star as to them as he or his die hard fans think. 

The biggest thing he has going for him is the fact he’s one of the last people still wrestling that’s been through as many eras of wrestling as he has. 

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

I wish it was Priest, but I think everyone is assuming he’ll use the Fozzy song, Judas, a thing I never wanted to know about, but here we are.

Omega, though, has mentioned liking Gaga several times—it’s in the queer guy contract fine print, of course—so there’s that chance.

I actually kinda like Judas but the rest of the album didn't really click with me. 

Also, this is the first I've heard that about Omega's preferences, but I'm a straight guy and like a couple Gaga songs. I was introduced to Sia recently and I might like her singles better as far as pop music that might appeal to a hard rock/metal fan goes.

• Like 2

Judas is also by far their biggest song ever. It's something for him to be proud of and even though that particular numetal sound isn't one I really like (and I also don't care for the obvious aping of Shout at the Devil at the beginning), there are worse songs out there. It's what he should come out to.

• Like 2

UK people: The Ric Flair 30 for 30 is on BT Sport 2 at midnight on December 16th. While  UFC fight night Lawler vs dos Anjos is on BT Sport 3 at the same time. But I'm pretty sure this is the first airing on the Flair doc (there will be more).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I actually kinda like Judas but the rest of the album didn't really click with me. 

Also, this is the first I've heard that about Omega's preferences, but I'm a straight guy and like a couple Gaga songs. I was introduced to Sia recently and I might like her singles better as far as pop music that might appeal to a hard rock/metal fan goes.

I guess I should specify, lest I seem a weird peddler of dated and dumb stereotypes, that I was mostly self-deprecating there, being a member of The Gay Community who likes both metal and Gaga. So uh... yeah liking stuff is cool, and that was too many commas to put in one sentence.

Anyway, there is a tag team in NOAH that uses Judas Priest, but more people should, certainly. Jericho will promote his own song though, which is obviously the right thing to do. He’s never not working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

I guess I should specify, lest I seem a weird peddler of dated and dumb stereotypes, that I was mostly self-deprecating there, being a member of The Gay Community who likes both metal and Gaga. So uh... yeah liking stuff is cool, and that was too many commas to put in one sentence.

Anyway, there is a tag team in NOAH that uses Judas Priest, but more people should, certainly. Jericho will promote his own song though, which is obviously the right thing to do. He’s never not working.

Otherwise I was gonna bitch and say "WHO TOLD?!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

UK people: The Ric Flair 30 for 30 is on BT Sport 2 at midnight on December 16th. While  UFC fight night Lawler vs dos Anjos is on BT Sport 3 at the same time. But I'm pretty sure this is the first airing on the Flair doc (there will be more).

Fuck BT Sport

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Cheers for the alert.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned there have been serious internal discussions within WWE regarding a possible Global Warning pay-per-view event that would take place next year in Australia.

For those who don’t remember, WWE Global Warning Tour 2002 took place in Melbourne and over 50,000 people attended the live event. We’re told officials want to top that in a big way next year.

Sources with direct knowledge say WWE have discussed running Global Warning II in October at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which holds 100,000 people. This time, however, they want to broadcast the event on PPV and the WWE Network.

Nothing official has been set quite yet, but we’re told things are headed in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1