DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Because I don't think the role he's in is set up for five star classics. He's the cocky heel who hides behind cheap wins

Is that why he moves like Frankenstein and messes up basic moves? Wrestlers have been cocky heels and managed to have good matches for decades going back to Buddy Rogers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I can't disagree enough with the crowd blaming for WWE's inability to create compelling characters and then put them in some sort of storyline that gets people invested.

I could get behind that if the problem SorceressKnight was describing were unique to WWE. But I don't think it is. Season one of Lucha Underground had the live crowd rabidly cheering Pentagon Jr. I'd be surprised if the same sort of thing didn't go on in Japan or the indies too.

30 minutes ago, Victator said:

Is that why he moves like Frankenstein and messes up basic moves? Wrestlers have been cocky heels and managed to have good matches for decades going back to Buddy Rogers. 

I mean he's method as fuck, pulling a DDL in getting into the role of a roidy foreign heel. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pentagon Jr may have ended RVD's future WWE return prospects:

https://theblast.com/wwe-rob-van-dam-concussion-visual-impairment/

Fake news, divorce lawyer playing games, or the genuine article?

RVD made it sound like he was not interested in returning to WWE after the left last time. Sounds like he is angling for a better divorce settlement. Sad to hear he is getting divorced. He seemed to have one of the better wrestling marriages. 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Wrestlers have been cocky heels and managed to have good matches for decades going back to Buddy Rogers. 

In fact, to take the point a step further.  I think one of the bigger requirements of being a heel is being a good pro wrestler.  As a heel, you'll be the one in charge of making the other person look sympathetic. You'll be in charge of the flow of the story. You'll be the one who dictates the pace.   

I honestly think disparate talent levels was one of the bigger problems with the Nakamura-Mahal matches.  Where Nak was doing the work of both guys and trying to drag along Jinder who didn't know how to do anything other than draw cheap, evil foreigner heat. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Victator said:

RVD made it sound like he was not interested in returning to WWE after the left last time. 

He didn't strike me as being fussed one way or the other. Just that they'd have to meet his price, which (fair play to him) seems to be his biggest concern these days. 

2 hours ago, Hagan said:

Someone hacked his wife's account and had fake posts about the state of his marriage. Complete fabrications. 

So, yeah, social media is terrible. 

On Twitter earlier, KO has said he's deleted his Instagram again and that people were going after his wife's now.  It's fucking grotesque. 

Hell is other people. 

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He didn't strike me as being fussed one way or the other. Just that they'd have to meet his price, which (fair play to him) seems to be his biggest concern these days. 

He was asked in an interview if he was returning to WWE and his answer was something like "I hope not."

13 minutes ago, Boydy said:

Nah I never said I got all the facts, hence why I said unless I am wrong, I am just saying she isn't put in a good light at the moment but there is always 2 sides to the story.

If I wanted to be similarly judgemental in the other direction, I'm not sure how many happily married men who aren't in the industry are making the rounds on the floor of the AVN convention. 

If I wanted to be judgemental...

But then again, I would get to say women eh grrr lol. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In fact, to take the point a step further.  I think one of the bigger requirements of being a heel is being a good pro wrestler.  As a heel, you'll be the one in charge of making the other person look sympathetic. You'll be in charge of the flow of the story. You'll be the one who dictates the pace.   

I honestly think disparate talent levels was one of the bigger problems with the Nakamura-Mahal matches.  Where Nak was doing the work of both guys and trying to drag along Jinder who didn't know how to do anything other than draw cheap, evil foreigner heat. 

225px-The_Foreigner.png

• Like 1

I'm not following along, so I have no clue why they're getting divorced, why put any blame on her just for the hell of it? That's just dumb. It could be a long list of things. Marriages break up over all kinds of things.

• Like 2

He's been in New Japan for like, 2 years. People really go to him for advice over people like the Young Bucks, who have been there for twice as long? Fale, who's been there for 7? Rocky Romero plays a key role for New Japan. Davey Boy Jr? ZSJ has a few years experience working in Japan for NOAH before he made the jump to New Japan. All of these people have either been in New Japan for longer than Elgin, or have more experience working in Japan than he does.

What a cocky fucking asshole.