DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I get the HHH hate and don't disagree with any of the criticisms, but do people think he's actually going to beat Jinder at the India show?  The match was originally going to be a world title match, but they're obviously not going to put the belt back on Jinder so that went out the window.  Putting him in a match with HHH means he can get a win over someone who is fairly high profile while not affecting anything in storyline terms.  There's probably going to be some dog and pony show finish but no way does HHH win.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Do I think HHH is going to beat Jinder?  No.

Do I *hope* HHH is going to beat Jinder?  Oh, dear god, yes.

Then isn't Jinder a good heel by that logic?

I mean he's getting people who don't like HHH to side with HHH. Whether you rate Jinder or not, his very nature angers you so much you're cheering on a guy who's otherwise a heel on TV.

I see nothing wrong with Jinder getting the feel good win in India as long as it's his last hurrah in the main event before he becomes the new Jack Swagger.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

I went to buy an Elias shirt on WWEShop and they’re sold out except for a Small size. The fuck, merch guys! Get on top of that!

I too want to walk with Elias.

Dude went from random backstage segments to upper middle card heel organically. Buy that man a Coke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Went to my first indie show in what might be a decade. Discovered that Kris Wolf is an incredibly tiny creature. Her opponent tried to capture her in a Pokeball.

How was the RISE show? And yes Kris is pretty short. Really most of the Stardom women are.

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

Did anyone listen to WOL after ufc tonight? What was the “significant news about wrestle kingdom” that Dave teased?

AXS is airing a 3 hour Tokyo Dome show on a 2 day delay as part of a huge 11 hour New Japan day for AXS.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

AXS is airing a 3 hour Tokyo Dome show on a 2 day delay as part of a huge 11 hour New Japan day for AXS.

Jesus I want to take the day off from work for this.

------------

Which EC had Edge steal Kofi's spot? That one was awesome. The best without a ton of blood at least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

Did Ric Flair and Jake Roberts have any 1 on 1 matches anywhere?

There is a pic of them wrestling in Florida I saw in an old magazine. 

5 hours ago, KidNatural said:

In the end, if people are upset that he's burying Jinder... I don't understand. Jinder is mediocre in the ring, awful on the mic, and has zero charisma. He has a look and that's it. He's not even improved since getting the opportunity. Why pick this particular hill to die on?

I'm not upset over it, was just an observation. Just thought it was a funny promo after wasting most of the year trying to build Jinder into an Indian hero, HHH comes in acting so respectful. I still think they should have ran Khali vs Brock instead. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jesus I want to take the day off from work for this.

------------

Which EC had Edge steal Kofi's spot? That one was awesome. The best without a ton of blood at least.

RAW Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out 2009.

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

There is a pic of them wrestling in Florida I saw in an old magazine. 

I'm not upset over it, was just an observation. Just thought it was a funny promo after wasting most of the year trying to build Jinder into an Indian hero, HHH comes in acting so respectful. I still think they should have ran Khalli vs Brock instead. 

I'm literally not sure Khali would survive that.

Just now, The Natural said:

RAW Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out 2009.

Thanks

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What's the timeline on that? I can't find any info on Google. 

From WOR: Saturday, January 6th, 8 PM. 3 Hour WK special with all the top matches. AXS will air it as part of an 11 hour marathon starting at noon Eastern featuring some of the best matches of the year from New Japan. Some Long Beach and the most recent Sumo Hall show, King of Pro Wrestling. Dave says "a lot of Kenny Omega" so if he's not your cup of tea... They will then break down the Tokyo Dome over the following five weeks in the normal 1 hour slot covering all the matches.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Why? So he could job to Matt Morgan in 5 minutes and not get paid on time?

Yeah, and that'd be far away from my television. I can choose not to watch Booker T in TNA - I can't choose to not listen to his commentary every Monday night on RAW. Booker (and all of the other names like Nash, Sting, Angle, etc.) were paid on time. He said it himself on a podcast - he didn't work for his money when he was in TNA, because it was like a vacation. He rode the theme park rides more than he actually put thought into what he was doing there.

Booker T has been boring as fuck since 2004.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yeah, and that'd be far away from my television. I can choose not to watch Booker T in TNA - I can't choose to not listen to his commentary every Monday night on RAW. Booker (and all of the other names like Nash, Sting, Angle, etc.) were paid on time. He said it himself on a podcast - he didn't work for his money when he was in TNA, because it was like a vacation. He rode the theme park rides more than he actually put thought into what he was doing there.

Booker T has been boring as fuck since 2004.

tenor.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1