DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Do we hate Triple H this week?  I've been busy and haven't kept my scorecard up to date.

Not a week goes by where I don't dislike Triple H. I wouldn't say hate, hate is a very strong emotion. I hate brussel sprouts, I dislike Triple H. 

58 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Not a week goes by where I don't dislike Triple H. I wouldn't say hate, hate is a very strong emotion. I hate brussel sprouts, I dislike Triple H. 

My wife loves brussels sprouts.  I'm pretty sure if we ever get divorced, this will be my slam dunk to get full custody of our cats.

• Like 2

If you cook them well enough brussel sprouts end up tasting pretty good. Need to be baked with the right seasoning and what not. My friend made a wicked plate of them once. I'm sure they're horrid otherwise. What I am saying is we need to cook and eat Triple H if we're ever going to stop bickering about him on the Internet. I'll leave it up to Sweetser.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

All food is genetically modified. I'm already working on DiViDiZ Cliz T-Shirts for Sweetser to market for our cult. All proceeds go to the server upkeep.

2 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Speaking of Triple H and Goldberg, I recently watched the elimination chamber match from Summer Slam 2003. Ignoring the fact that Goldberg should have gone over, the match was really underwhelming. Is there a consensus as to what was the best elimination chamber match?  

The original has always been my favorite. Loved the build up and the feud video to Saliva's "Always". Great group in that one. Also dug the SD Chamber at No Way Out 09 with HHH/Hardy/Taker/Big Show/Kozlov/Edge a lot.

The Raw Chamber from 09 and SD Chamber from 2011 are both well regarded, particularly for the Edge/Rey sections in both. McIntyre also looked killer again for a moment in the 2011 one.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, elizium said:

So you don't eat any food ever. Got it.

54 minutes ago, Ryan said:

All food is genetically modified.

Just making a joke about Triple H, guys. I couldn't afford to eat organic if I wanted to.

• Haha 1

All of the Trips hate is over the same stuff that happened years ago. Should RVD gone over? Sure. Should Booker gone over? Absolutely. Can we change this now? No. 

In the end, if people are upset that he's burying Jinder... I don't understand. Jinder is mediocre in the ring, awful on the mic, and has zero charisma. He has a look and that's it. He's not even improved since getting the opportunity. Why pick this particular hill to die on?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Speaking of Triple H and Goldberg, I recently watched the elimination chamber match from Summer Slam 2003. Ignoring the fact that Goldberg should have gone over, the match was really underwhelming. Is there a consensus as to what was the best elimination chamber match?  

For me, the RAW Elimination Chamber match from No Way Out 2009 between John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Mike Knox. It's the match when Edge attacks Kofi Kingston so he he can take his spot (in the first Elimination Chamber that night, Edge lost his WWE Championship) taking his place. Rey Mysterio's performance is terrific and John Cena gets eliminated quickly from taking a Codebreaker, 619 and Spear. Edge wins the World Heavyweight Championship.

Second place I'd go for the Survivor Series 2002 Elimination Chamber and third, Smackdown's at Elimination Chamber 2011.

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

The original has always been my favorite. Loved the build up and the feud video to Saliva's "Always". Great group in that one. Also dug the SD Chamber at No Way Out 09 with HHH/Hardy/Taker/Big Show/Kozlov/Edge a lot.

The Raw Chamber from 09 and SD Chamber from 2011 are both well regarded, particularly for the Edge/Rey sections in both. McIntyre also looked killer again for a moment in the 2011 one.

We're in agreement.

• Like 1