DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't know if this was published in the November thread but, it looks like Jinder is facing HHH in New Delhi on the 9th.  

Yes it was and are you only now hearing about the HHH/Jinder match?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So what type of bad business deals did John Cena get himself in? The fact that he had to sell a rare car to pay his bills sounds shady considering how much his net worth reportedly was for being a top WWE star

Maybe he got the bill for Nikki's black card and needed funds? Those $3,000 a pair shoes and $15,000 handbags don't pay for themselves.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't know if this was published in the November thread but, it looks like Jinder is facing HHH in New Delhi on the 9th.  

Those tights in the still captured by Youtube are disturbingly small.  Like early Brian Pillman in WCW tiny tights...

5 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So what type of bad business deals did John Cena get himself in? The fact that he had to sell a rare car to pay his bills sounds shady considering how much his net worth reportedly was for being a top WWE star

Forbes article on the lawsuit says WWE paid Cena $8 million last year to be a part-timer,  plus whatever film work brought in.  Maybe Cena got  taken to the cleaners in the divorce - always possible, esp. since there were rumors she had some sort of damaging info that Vince and/or Cena were going to have to pay dearly for to keep quiet - but I'm guessing this is more some sort of dumb get-rich-quick scheme.  Ford only makes 250 of those cars a year, and picks buyers after a screening process.  The after-market demand for one is probably really high.  The fact that he sold it very soon after taking delivery makes me think that was his plan all along.  If it was, and he knowingly violated the contract he signed, <shrug> he won't get any sympathy from me.

Maybe he can pull a Snuka defense and convince the court he's a white rapper from the mean streets who doesn't understand legalese and was taken advantage of by the Man.

8 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Maybe he can pull a Snuka defense and convince the court he's a white rapper from the mean streets who doesn't understand legalese and thus didn't read the contract.

When I read the first few words of that sentence, I thought you were going to say, "Vince shows up and convinces Ford that Cena can't speak English."

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

They've done an amazing job with these little promo's for Triple H and Jinder for this Indian show. See, if they had someone competent running the network they would tape the match as this big network special or something. Road to New Delhi or something like that. You don't have to show the entire show. Just this match. It worked for the Mae Young Classic finals. 

• Like 3

I imagine the match will be worked in a way that clearly contradicts current WWE canon—Jinder has to win clean, right?—which might prevent them from airing it. But then they are already showing the promo vids, letting you know it’s happening, so.

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

They've done an amazing job with these little promo's for Triple H and Jinder for this Indian show. See, if they had someone competent running the network they would tape the match as this big network special or something. Road to New Delhi or something like that. You don't have to show the entire show. Just this match. It worked for the Mae Young Classic finals. 

Kinda like TNA did with that Global Impact special ten years ago. Where they spent an hour showing TNA's involvement in WrestleKingdom and ended with Angle vs Nagata in full. They could do something like that with this where they follow Jinder around india and talk about his past year in the WWE, show highlights of the show and then End the show with Mahal vs H in it's entirety. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't wait for the internets to be angry when HHH disrespects the Hometown Rule and beats Jinder in New Delhi while forgetting that:

1. WWE has rarely kept to the time honored tradition of putting a worker over in his hometown and,
  2. Jinder is Canadian.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

You mean the ones where Hunter puts over how great India is, how beautiful the women are and how he is dedicating his win to the Children's hospital?

I don't like Jinder but Hunter is cutting his nuts off.