DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Seasons Beatings!!!

Having a quick think on, best WWF/E match in the month of December be the Shield vs. Daniel Bryan/Kane/Ryback at TLC 2012. The Shield's first official match and set the template for the team using their numbers to beat their opponents.

• RIPPA pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Seasons Beatings!!!

Having a quick think on, best WWF/E match in the month of December be the Shield vs. Daniel Bryan/Kane/Ryback at TLC 2012. The Shield's first official match and set the template for the team using their numbers to beat their opponents.

I'll agree with that, but honorable mention to the Armageddon 2K six way HIAC. I haven't seen it in years but i recall that match being a lot of fun

• Like 1

If you believe internet gossip, CFO$ were brought in to phase him out eventually and because they worked for super cheap and for the name recognition. And another rumor was that someone high up at WWE Music Group didn't like him and intentionally releases shitty quality themes (Uncaged albums) and doesn't put too much Johnston stuff out there to buy so he doesn't get a lot of royalty money from the label.

Or something.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So what type of bad business deals did John Cena get himself in? The fact that he had to sell a rare car to pay his bills sounds shady considering how much his net worth reportedly was for being a top WWE star

For those wondering what the fuck Brys is talking about

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-cena-slapped-fraud-lawsuit-ford-020007507.html

WWE Superstar John Cena has been socked with a lawsuit by the Ford Motor Company, which maintains that the pro wrestler sold his high-dollar sports car in violation of his agreement with the company.

According to Ford, Cena bought a 2017 Ford GT, then flipped his vehicle shortly after taking delivery of it, despite his agreement with Ford to maintain ownership of the vehicle for 24 months, “making a “large profit” from the alleged resale.

In its suit, filed in federal court in Michigan on Thursday, Ford says that it reserves its GTs — which have an MSRP of “over $450,000” — for “only those individuals who truly desire a special ownership experience” and “those individuals who will be influencers and ambassadors of the vehicle and the Ford brand.”

Cena filled out an application to buy the GT, Ford says, agreeing not to sell it for 24 months. But according to the suit, Cena took possession of the vehicle in late September and sold it “a few weeks” after.

According to the suit, the damages exceed $75,000.

Ford says that Cena admitted to selling the car, saying, “I completely understand and as stated am willing to work with [the Ford representative] and Ford to make it right. My sincere apologies.”

“To date, however, Mr. Cena has not ‘made it right,’ has not sought a return of the vehicle, and upon information and belief, has made a profit from the improper sale,” the suit reads.

In addition to “substantial damages,” the suit says, “Ford also has lost almost two years of ambassadorship and brand value that Mr. Cena would have offered by owning the vehicle for the contractually required time.”

Wh-wh-wait, John Cena has a $450,000 Ford GT? I'm going to go to downtown Gallup, (I think there's a Ford dealership there of sorts), and place my order today!

Fucking morons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Cena probably thought Ford wouldn't notice the sale since they couldn't see him

I'm trying to work a YOU CAN'T SUE ME joke into this but it isn't panning out in my head.

• Like 5

Hahahahahaha, ambassadorship for a fucking Ford car. Jesus. The only time I notice anything different with a Mustang around town is if it's a Saleen. 

Still doesn't explain why Cena just doesn't pay up or why Cena would sign such a dumb contract in the first place or why he would sign it and turn around and sell the car 2 weeks later.

• Like 1

Crystal ball says the suit is dropped when Cena commits to riding one out on Raw for a couple weeks. 

"Special ownership experience" bwahahahahahahaha

EDIT: Okay, so the doors actually open like this (spoiler for size) 

Spoiler

2017-Ford-GT-interior-colors.jpg

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in awhile

It also looks like if you drove it over a simple set of railroad tracks the entire bottom would shear off. 

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is the HBO doc that is being speared headed by Bill Simmons

Much like the Flair 30 for 30 - I will create an actual thread for it when it is released

Shit. If Shoemaker is narrating it then that's going to make it tough to listen to.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Shit. If Shoemaker is narrating it then that's going to make it tough to listen to.

I don't think he is the narrator but he definitely is going be the main talking head so that might be worse.

And from The Hollywood Reporter

The first project to bear the Ringer Films name will be the previously announced Andre the Giant doc, which will be released on HBO this spring. The doc, a co-production with HBO Sports and the WWE and directed by Jason Hehir, will air on the premium cable net live on a Saturday night during the boxing match between Miguel Cotto and Sadam Ali at Madison Square Garden.

I am not sure how you debut a doc "during" a boxing match