DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SPOILERS FROM NOV 29 TAPINGS

RIPPA

I honestly don't think they ever tape in order any more so I am not taking chances. I am using spoiler boxes in a spoiler thread just due to the size of the results.

4 weeks of TV were taped which is all of December.

Per PWI

Spoiler

Dark Match: Wolfgang def. Kona Reeves (w/ Ming)

Week 1

- William Regal announces to the crowd, that with Drew McIntyre hurt, they need a new contender for the NXT Title. There will be 4 qualifying matches. The winners will compete in a Fatal 4 Way to determine the number 1 contender. 

- Andrade Almas and Zelina Vega open the show. She says we are witness to a historic reign. Andrade says he told us he would be the champion. He says he beat Drew McIntyre and hurt Drew McIntyre and he ia the champion.

- #1 contender Qualifier: Killian Dain def. Trent Seven 

- No Holds Barred Match: Sonya Deville def. Ruby Riott 

- #1 Contender Qualifier: Johnny Gargano def. Kassius Ohno 

- #1 Contender Qualifier: Lars Sullivan def. Roderick Strong

Week 2: 

- Ember Moon def. Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay).

Post match: Billie and Peyton attack Ember Moon until Nikki Cross makes the save.

- Andrade Almas (w/Zelina Vega) def Fabian Aichner 

- #1 Contender Qualifier: Aleister Black def. Adam Cole

- The Authors of Pain def. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch.

Week 3

- NXT Tag Team Championship: Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) def. Sanity (Eric Young and Killian Dain) to win the NXT Tag Team Championship 

- NXT Women's Championship: Ember Moon (c) def. Sonya Deville.

Post match: Kairi Sane comes out on the stage and stares Ember down, gesturing for the championship. Shayna Baszler comes out, sneaks behind Sane, and locks her in a rear naked choke.

- WWE UK Championship: Pete Dunne (c) def. Tyler Bate

Week 4

- Street Profits win a squash.  Post match: The Street Profits go into the crowd, saying in 2017 they came and they saw and in 2018 they will conquer. 

- NXT Championship #1 Contender Fatal 4 Way: Johnny Gargano def. Lars Sullivan, Killian Dain, and Aleister Black to become number 1 contender. 

Official for Takeover: Philadelphia

- NXT Championship match: Andrade Cien Almas vs. Johnny Gargano 

Per WON

Spoiler

Dark match --
- Wolfgang defeated Kona Reeves (w/ Ming)

Wolfgang hit a top rope senton for the win.

NXT TV taping spoilers --
- The TV tapings opened with William Regal on the video screen saying there will be four matches and the winners will face off in a fatal four-way for the right to challenge Andrade "Cien" Almas for the NXT Championship.

- Almas and Zelina Vega began the in-ring portion of the taping with a promo gloating about Almas becoming champion.

- Killian Dain defeated Trent Seven in a qualifying match

Dain won with a Vader Bomb.

- Sonya Deville defeated Ruby Riott in a no DQ match

Deville tapped Riott out with a rope-assisted submission.

- Johnny Gargano defeated Kassius Ohno in a qualifying match

This was one of the best matches in Full Sail history to me. It had one of the loudest dueling chants to start that we have ever had down here.

Ohno destroyed Gargano early and often with elbows, cyclone kicks, and physical strikes. Gargano survived and kept fighting to finally apply a tilt-a-whirl Gargano Escape for the submission. They showed respect to each other after the match.

- Lars Sullivan defeated Roderick Strong in a qualifying match

Sullivan advanced to the fatal four-way by hitting a side slam.

- NXT Women's Champion Ember Moon defeated Peyton Royce (w/ Billie Kay)

Moon won with The Eclipse. Kay roughed her up after the match until Nikki Cross cleaned house.

- NXT Champion Andrade "Cien" Almas (w/ Zelina Vega) defeated Fabian Aichner

This was short but good, with Almas using the hammerlock DDT for the victory.

- Aleister Black defeated Adam Cole in a qualifying match

Cole stalled a lot and tried to keep Black guessing, but the Black Mass kick won it clean in the middle.

- The Authors of Pain defeated Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

The Authors hit the Super Collider and a hold-up lariat to win it.

- Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly defeated SAnitY (Eric Young & Killian Dain) to win the NXT Tag Team Championship

Cole got involved late after a physical match that got plenty of time. Cross tried to fend him off, but the distractions led to Fish and O'Reilly connecting with Total Elimination on Young to win the titles.

- NXT Women's Champion Ember Moon defeated Sonya Deville to retain her title

Moon retained with The Eclipse. Kairi Sane made her way to the stage to get a better look at the champion following the match, but Shayna Baszler jumped Sane from behind and choked her out.

- WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne defeated Tyler Bate to retain his title

There was great work in this match. Dunne did join manipulation, Bate used his freaky strength, they both hit hard strikes, and Dunne finally won with his second Bitter End of the match.

- The Street Profits defeated two enhancement talents

Montez Ford hit a frog splash for the finish. They cut a promo from the crowd after saying they want the tag titles.

- Johnny Gargano defeated Aleister Black, Killian Dain, and Lars Sullivan in a fatal four-way number one contender's match

There was crazy brawling all over the place. Black had this won, but The Undisputed Era pulled him out of the ring and destroyed him. He tried to keep fighting, but Gargano put him down with an outside-in DDT to win and then celebrated in the crowd with the fans.

I only did a Ctrl + F to avoid most of the spoilers, but I didn't see someone's name in those:

Spoiler

Donovan Dijak

So that's a bummer. I was hoping they would debut sooner rather than later.

Well if Ciampa is ready for WM weekend then you would be nuts not to have Ciampa vs Gargano at WM weekend.  So having him screw Johnny out of the title would be a great thing.  if he isn't going to be back for WM then Johnny still makes a really good babyface that the Philly crowd would really get behind.   Roderick might have been a better choice but he has lost too many title matches to lose another big one.

Was hoping they'd go with Black having the momentum. Never a fan of losing streak suddenly instant #1 contender, especially considering we've just seen Almas/Gargano twice. But Black/Cole should be fun I hope. Surprised no Velveteen Dream anywhere.

2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Actually, thinking about it, Dream wasn't in any the matches at the last tapings.  So it's possible someone takes Dream out and Gargano replaces him.

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of.

It's weird they wouldn't tape that part though

6 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Leave it to WWE.  They have a pretty cool hype video for some unknown person that they are hiding that literally left me thinking "Wait, who is this?"  Then they pretty much just tell you at the end...

Must of missed that part, who is it suppose to be?